Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend Update

Visitors; Foreign and Otherwise
This past week was a good one for finding lost soles who wandered into the blog from the cold ether of the Internet. We had visitors from, in order of visit, South Korea, United Kingdom, India, Norway, Singapore, Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas and Italy.

I’ll beat most of you did know there was a Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas or where to find it on the globe. Being a former navigator from when I served in the United States Navy, I can find the Commonwealth.

We also had four visitors pop-in from http://www.kolabora.com, a web site that I have never talked about even visited.

I wondered what drove them to the blog; maybe it was some of the Duke’s drovers from THE COWBOYS.

The overall blog traffic is ahead of last year’s visitor traffic. The traffic volume should equal or come close to March’s volume when we had over thirty visitors in one day. It is always pleasing to your duty scribe to the visitor volume creep up; it means that I am doing something right. I would guess that you would either leave or send me pointed emails that clearly identified any shortcomings.

Fairy Tale Brownies
The Fairy Tale Brownies from http://www.brownies.com arrived in good order on Thursday.

I know they arrived safely because The Princess called me and said they arrived and were waiting at her front door when she got home from work. Well, I think that was what she said; it was difficult to tell since she was tearing the box open and then sampling one of the large 3 ½ ounces / 100 grams of rich Belgian chocolate brownies.

I think I heard her say something like, “Tanks Daddy, dis ish just yummy.” Then, I think the next sound I heard was a licking of the fingers.

Happy Merry Worker Vivian, from my old office, sent me an email saying the brownies had arrived. Vivian, like The Princess, has a sweet tooth and loves chocolate. She said one of the women was out and they were going to wait until she returned before they opened the box and I thought they were exercising remarkable restraint by doing that. I know they went through a feeding frenzy when I got the brownies last year for Administrative Professionals Day.

Vivian said the men in the office were unhappy because the women, and recipients of the box, wanted to wait until they were all there so they could all enjoy the brownies. She said some of the men said they were being greedy but I know that is not the case at all.

The Princess says you can never go wrong with Fairy Tale Brownies.

Vivian said that she was thinking of me earlier last week when she ordered a box of the brownies for her mother for Mother’s Day.

Fish Net Style Nylons
I am not a critic of women’s fashions per se. I don’t think any man could reasonably understand why a woman would want to intentionally wear shoes that will end up hurting her feet.

On the other hand, I do have a well developed sense of what looks right and sound on a woman.

Today was a good example of what I mean.

It was mid-morning, maybe no more than 10:30 AM when I saw a young woman, probably going to a cosmetics class enter the building. It was bright and sunny and breezy; a generally excellent day to window gaze at young women.

The young woman was wearing fish net nylons and boots. Her top and short skirt were black of course. I have two objections to this style of dress.

First, it was too early in the day for fish net nylons. They seem to belong to the time when it starts getting dark and later. They seem to connote a party atmosphere or destination and not something one would wear in the middle of a day to your employer’s offices.

Second, the fish net looked as if it was a heavy duty model; like maybe they could have been used to trap the Great White Whale. The gaps in the netting looked like they were on one inch / two or three centimeters squares. Of course, the fish net could have looked distended because the young lady may have had full sized legs. But, still the look was poor, she looked like she was wearing one of those mesh bags fruit growers use to bag oranges and grapefruit.

I will also admit that I do not dress very fashionably. The Princess says that I dress really dull and boring and that maybe this is why I haven’t met any really good women yet. She has a very valid point; yesterday I wore a blue grey wool suit, white shirt with a blue tie with white dots on it, and highly polished black shoes.

In my defense, I would point out that most people with money like to see their banker dress and look the part. They want to see someone who looks conservative and doesn’t drive above the speed limit. It helps them feel safe and good about leaving their money in my bank.

Weather
There was some degree of rain overnight. It must not have been much because I slept through it. I suppose some got wet from it.

Dissertation

I had asked a friend to review my first chapter. For the most part, my chapter was in good shape. I made some changes and corrections. I went back over it and ended up adding four more pages so now it is 31 pages long.

Chapter 2 is just getting started. I only have about seven pages in it. This will be the biggest chapter and will probably have around 60 or more pages in it.

Now, I just need my Committee Chair to like what I have written.


See, I told you it would be a dull weekend for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home