Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday's Droppings

Monday’s Droppings
I don’t have a lot of profound thoughts today. This may end up as a short or may be a longer blog posting. One never knows how much or how little I will write.

Visitors, Foreign and Domestic
The visitor count seems to have picked up last week. I could attribute the upswing in visitors to brilliant and witty writing on my part [doubtful] or the addition of interesting photos [probably]. If I had to say, I think it was the addition of the Babe of the Moment section.

We had six foreign visitors this last week; two were from France, one each was from India, Israel, Australia, and Singapore. I can’t recall a week where we had two French visitors. Of course, my memory isn’t what it used to be so I could be mistaken on the French visitors.

So far, the overall visitor count is up and we should have an excellent month for blog traffic.

All of you gentle readers out there; give yourself a pat on the back.

Weather
It is still the May Gray season. The sun was in and out of the clouds all morning long at work. By this afternoon, it had come out for good and that was nice. I don’t think it will be all that warm at my place near the ocean today. I think 70F/21C is about the warmest it will be today.

Chuckay Event
I was talking to Doug after I threw Sunday’s blog posting up for all of the world to read. I was planning another Chuckay Event.

I am out of cigars; I smoked my last one yesterday afternoon while I was reading a biography of Stonewall Jackson. I am alternating between reading the biography and reading the books the Princess got me for my birthday. It is a nice change of pace to go from humorous fiction to historical biography.

I am planning to drive to San Diego 125 miles/200 kilometers on Saturday to visit the Cuban Cigar Factory where they hand roll my cigars and buy a box that will hodl me for the rest of the year. The hand rolling provides a better cigar and smoke in my mind. It also means that no two cigars are close to being alike.

I asked him if wanted to join me for lunch on my way back to Redondo Beach. I thought we could either go to Albertacos or to the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers in Westminster. Doug said he was ready for that.

The real question is will Doug be up and out of bed by the time I roll into South Orange County.

Since I have found out how to add photos to the blog, I thought some of you might want to see what a No. 8, from Albertacos looks like. A No. 8 has two soft beef tacos, rice, and beans. I usually add extra chopped tomatoes, onions, and seasoning to mine.



Being fair and equal in my food reporting, I also decided to show you all what an Original Tommy’s Mega Combo Chili Cheeseburger looks like. A Mega Combo is three slices of beef, three slices of cheese, tomato slice, chopped onions, and of course chili. It is a meal that should be eaten infrequently, very infrequently.



And,this is what the chili fries look like.



This month is Tommy’s sixtieth anniversary month. They are rolling back the prices to what they charged sixty years ago but only for today, I think, and only at the original location at Rampart and Beverly in downtown Los Angeles. As much as we like Tommy’s, I think the travel distance and the crowds make sense to pass on the trip downtown today.

Babe of the Moment
Those of you who are regular Skeet Shooters know Doug likes to feature much younger women in his Babe of the Week section. I can understand why he would want to go with a younger age Babe of the Week. That, plus he has the time to maintain multiple blogs and postings.

Just because a woman is over thirty does not mean that she is over the hill and therefore not worthy of a Babe of the [insert your own time period] mention. Older women are often nicer to be with since they know what is happening and they understand the game. There is no confusion with one side wanting to play basketball and the other side wanting to play soccer [football].

According to her biography information at imdb.com, Sharon Tay will turn the big four zero in October. Based on the most recent photos, I would say forty is a very nice age.

Haruku 17
Haruku 17 is the name of the current Asian serial that I am watching on television. The show is on Sunday evenings from 9:00 to 10:00 PM. It is in Japanese with unusually good subtitles. Subtitling does not extend to the commercial and that is a benefit since I can watch the commercial and not care what the product or service is about.

Last night was Episode 9. I learned that the broadcaster is changing the Sunday night show on May 28th. I am now wondering what will become of the show. Will it just end at Episode 10 next week or will it shift to a new time slot?

It is certainly not like the Korean historical dramas that I have watched in the past where they went on for over 100 episodes.

I did check my local television guide to see if the broadcaster had another time slot available for Haruku17. There wasn’t any except the late 16th century samurai series on Saturday night that i also watch. I just don’t see a series set in current times about a young Japanese model being popular enough to knock out a historical samurai action drama. If I were a betting beach guy, I would put most of my chips on the guys with weird topknots, baggy clothes, and swords.

Women’s Fashions
As most of you know, I am an observer of women’s fashions. It is difficult not to be when there are cosmetics classes going on in the building. The coz class girls always seems to dress at the edge or beyond the edge of fashion, each one seeming to try to out dress her fellow students.

I did notice two fashion trends or maybe they were just data points along the hemline of life this morning.

I noticed there were a number of young women who were wearing high, just below their knees, tight fitting boots with high heels today. This is something that I have always felt was overlooked by young women in Southern California; probably because it is always warm here and there is little rain and no snow. Women wore these boots from October through to May at the University of Utah where I went to school as an undergraduate.

Those were good days for me. My college girlfriend used to wear miniskirts and boots all winter long; excellent.

I was struck with their choice of outfits though. Most were wearing long shorts that came almost to their knees. I suppose there is a reason for this combination; maybe Doug can explain it to me when have lunch on Saturday.

Doug was right is his belief that shorty shorts are the ideal Summer outfit for a young woman. One of the coz class girls was wearing black shorty shorts and high heeled black sandals. It was the perfect Southern California Summer outfit. She topped it off with a black camisole top.

I was so distracted by the shorty shorts that I barely noticed the large tattoo she had across the front of one of her ankles.


It was a good day for me. I hope your day was good as well.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home