Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend Update

Weekend Update
I hope you all had a Happy Mothers Day on Sunday, at least, those of you who are in the United States and a few other countries.

I spent the day relaxing and working on the dissertation.

Babe of the Moment
I was doing some more dissertation research this weekend. This is no surprise at all. I took a break and looked up the current Babe of the Moment, Sharon Tay.

I learned why she is no longer on MSNBC. Her two shows got canceled in December 2005. I guess that is life. I was unable to find out what she is doing now. I would guess that she is out looking for a new show or a new job. I hope she is able to land a new show so that I can follow her again. It certainly seems like MSNBC made a bad judgment when they took her off of the air.





I also found some newer and probably better photos of her. I think these came from the Razor magazine. The one in the Babe of the Week section is somewhat dated but she still looks about the same. I guess Asian women do age better than Western women or Sharon Tay did in this case.

Sigma Beta Delta
This is a photo of me with my membership certificate from Sigma Beta Delta, the international business school honor society. I should add the certificate is very suitable for framing. When I get my doctoral degree, I will take all five of my degrees, my one banking school certificate, and the Sigma Beta Delta certificate in for frames. They should all look very consistent.



All I need is some wall space to hang them. As it is, I am out of wall space at home and I have five or six paintings and etchings that are sitting on the sidelines because there is no space for them. A good chunk of my free wall space went away when I started collecting DVDs in earnest and began storing them in tall wall units.

Dissertation
I only wrote seven pages this weekend. This was slightly below my goal of ten to fifteen pages. On the flipside, I was able to find about thirty more reference articles including some that concern a key element of my dissertation dealing with customer acceptance of electronic service delivery methods.

On balance, I am satisfied with the weekend’s results.

I know this all sounds completely dull and boring to almost everyone who reads the blog. It is very important to me because the doctoral degree will allow me to teach business classes at the university level. This is my post-full time employment plan. I suppose that some of you are scratching your heads in disbelief. Why would anyone want to continue to work after retirement?

Well, there are the obvious answers. Everyone needs a few extra dollars now and then. I want to give back some of what I have learned in business to the next generation of business leaders. And, as I told the Princess, I want to be able to go into a meeting [classroom] and have people pay attention to what I have to say for a change of pace.

Bar-Be-Que
My first bar-be-que of the season went very well last night. I managed to cook everything without burning anything. I kept the smoke volume to a lower than usual level so my neighbors will not get too upset with me.

Last night, I had a steak and half of a baked potato with fat free sour cream and herbs; very tasty. I had a slice of chilled cantaloupe for dessert. I think that was a healthy meal for me. Usually, I end up going to Fatburger for a cheeseburger and French fries.

Tonight, I will have a couple of small chicken thighs, the other half of the potato and a sliced tomato. Dessert will be another slice of chilled cantaloupe.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon, not to be confused with Sharon Tay, called me twice over the weekend.

One call, on Saturday, was not the most ego building of all calls in the world for me. Sharon was stuck in traffic so she called me because she was bored. She was on her way to pick up a friend. It was one of those “what have you been doing? I hate my boss, I hate my job, what’s the weather like? how’s your mother doing?” calls for Sharon. I just usually listen and grunt periodically to show that I am still awake. We talked for about twenty minutes which is a long time for a cell phone call for us.

I learned that it was very hot where she was; probably around 85F/30C or warmer. That was not the best place to be on Saturday afternoon. In contrast, the beach was very nice; it was around 73F/22C and there was a light, steady breeze blowing off of the ocean all day long.

Sharon called me this afternoon to ask me a writing question about how to phrase something. I thought about if for a moment or two and gave her my ideas. She liked them and decided to use them in her project.

I felt sorry for Sharon because she was calling me from her office. Being in your office on a Sunday is bad enough to start with; being there on Mothers Day is worse. I certainly hope she finds a new and much better job soon.

Birthday Gifts
I finished reading one of the books the Princess got me for my birthday. It was a very enjoyable and easy read for me.

I also watched the Woody Allen film, MATCH POINT, also from the Princess. I liked the film but I am not certain that it is one of Allen’s best films. It is a fine film and I would encourage anyone who has not seen it to consider renting it.

I take that back. If you like films with exploding buildings, barrels of fake blood, car chases, zombies, and other forms of violence, this is not the film for you, at all.

I also watched SAMURAI 7 VOLUME 1. This is a serialized anime cartoon version of Akira Kurosawa’s great classic, SEVEN SAMURAI. Since this is an anime, it is set in the post apocalyptic future. I really enjoyed the cartoons. I will probably acquire the other volumes in the series. I will admit it was a little difficult at first to get used to the showing of the opening and closing credits with each of the four episodes that were on the DVD.

Coz Glass Girls
It was cosmetics class on Friday at the office building.

I was treated to the now usual showing of unusual chair coloration patterns and styles. I am now used to seeing blue and red streaks or highlights in an otherwise head of dyed blonde hair. I am fairly comfortable that, in this case, it was dyed blonde hair; I have not seen that many Asian American women with naturally blonde hair.

Doug and I are big fans; make that very big fans of shorty shorts and low cut jeans on women.

I do think that women who wear low cut jeans and pants need or duty or obligation to the rest of us to pay some attention to the fact that whatever they are wearing underneath the pants may creep up and so itself to the world. Case in point, a young coz class girl was chit chatting away on her cell phone while she sat on the bench outside of my office on Friday morning. There is nothing remarkable about this. Moving on, when she stood up, I was on the phone in the office talking to a vendor about making a presentation next week and looking out of the window while the vendor drowned on and on. I was just not prepared to see the top two or three inches of her animal skin colored panties showing themselves over the top of her black pants.

This was not a great first impression or last impression at all for me. She reminded me of a plumber who is unable to keep his pants up; you see more than you ever want to see in your lifetime when he bends over to work. This was more than I wanted to see on Friday for sure and certain.


And, so gentle readers, that was my weekend. I hope your weekend was as good if not better than mine.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home