Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Xue's Project

Xue’s Project
I received an email from Xue this morning.

Xue really liked the work I had put into her paper. She said I was doing just what she hoped I would do with the paper. That made me feel better and that I was doing something worthwhile with my time instead of squandering it like I often do when I come home from work in the evening.

I have not made the offer to help her with her papers when she is graduate school in America yet. I will do that after I finish this paper. I have finished about 75% of the work and I am taking a break from it tonight. I hope to finish it tomorrow night.

Sharon
My friend Sharon, not Sharon Tay, phoned me today. Actually, she phoned me twice and that was a surprise.

Sharon wanted to know if she could use me as a job reference. Sharon knew I would say yes. She really wanted to check which phone number and email address to use. I have three personal cell phones and four personal email addresses.

One of these days I will explain why I have so many personal cell phones.

Then, she called back a little later with a question that came up in a job interview she had the other day about how to handle an employee who was spending too much time on the Internet instead of working. It was a bad situation where the company would probably lose in court and be caught with a nasty fine.

I gave her a suggestion or two on how to handle it. Hopefully, this was just an interview question and not a real problem at the company. If it is a real problem, then I would suggest that Sharon consider alternative employment.

Lunch at the Old Office
I was going to have lunch at the old office with one of the managers today.

I had left her a voice message yesterday just to confirm lunch. I did not want to pass up billable time and waste an afternoon if the lunch was not going to happen. She had been out of the country last week on vacation and was due back in the office on Monday. We figured Wednesday for lunch would give her time to dig out from under the pile of paper on her desk.

I had an email from her early this morning. She had to cancel because she came home from Germany and was very ill; I replied and said, “it must be the water here.” We will reschedule our lunch for sometime next month.


There was more to my day but I do not think the rest of my day was very interesting.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home