Monday, June 12, 2006

Nice Guy Chuck, Again

Nice Guy Chuck
I was Nice Guy Chuck again today. Actually, I was Nice Guy Chuck last week as well. I hope being nice doesn’t harm my image.

Last week, I gave my old assistant some theater tickets because I did not want to go and I knew that she and her daughter would love to go and get out for a night. The curtain is at 9:00 PM on Saturday so they had another chance for a leisurely dinner before the performance as they always do.

My assistant said it was a perfect evening when she called to thank me again for the tickets this morning.

The play was a comedy. It had a lot of laughs and several plot twists and turns. I almost wished I had gone to the play myself after listening to her description of the play. But, I was happy staying home so the day turned out well for all.

I saw an ad in a trade paper today for the marketing position at the company where I have been working. I phoned Sharon to tell her to send in her resume into the recruiter so she could get in consideration. She was out, as usual, so I left her a message to call me when she gets a chance.

I do not think the current President will hire anyone. I suggested that he could collect qualified candidates’ resumes that his successor may want to pick from. This way, he does not saddle the new President with a team of players that do not fit the new person’s management and leadership style.

Lastly, I mailed a movie poster to a friend of ours, Doug and me, who lives in South Africa and operates a video rental franchise with her brother. It was from a newspaper ad that featured the next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN and CARS films. She will get the poster well before the films are released in South Africa so they will be an attention getter for her store.

Work
Work was fun today for me. I got to negotiate a contract. Actually, I started the contract negotiations today.

I got the four deal killers removed from the contract and that was a major success for me. I think the other party just put the terms in the initial version of the contract so that they could give in on some issues that looked important at an early stage.

I won’t know until probably next week how the other party will react to the other five pages of changes that I want to see made to the contract. It is a chance for me to practice what I learned in law school and that is good for me.

DSL
If all goes well, by this time next week, I should have my DSL broadband service back with Verizon. Living without a high speed Internet connection is just no fun at all. I miss being able to download files quickly.

Dial up services just sucks unless you are away from home and are using a hotel connection to check your email.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home