Monday, June 05, 2006

Weather Changed

Weather Changed
The weather changed this morning at the beach. The weekend weather was warm and sunny and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. It was the perfect time to go to the beach except for the crowds and parking troubles.

Today was grey and overcast and cloudy and cool. Perfect weather to go to the office and not feel badly about getting out of bed.

Work
Right now, I am reviewing contracts for a new program at work. There are only two finalist vendors so I thought I would only have to look at two contracts.

I was wrong.

Vendor Y has three different programs and each program has its own contract. Vendor Y made the same mistakes in all three contracts. That was very discouraging for me. After spending five hours reviewing the contracts, I came to the conclusion that I hated every version for multiple and sometimes common reasons.

Vendor Z sent me a copy of its contract on Friday. It had a kiss-of-death, fatal flaw in it; they had misspelled the president’s name. That was a for sure and certain way to have their proposal rejected.

I phoned the sales man and told him to send me a contract with the name spelled properly. I didn’t want to have a fatal contract in my files for fear it could get confused with an active version and somehow land on the president’s desk.

Foreign Visitors
Last week was a slow week for foreign visitors. We only had three foreign visitors; they were from Turkey, India, and the Czech Republic.

Molting
I feel like I am molting now.

I went to San Diego two weekends ago to buy some cigars. On the way back, I got sunburned on my arms. Now my arms are tan and my skin looks like I am a lizard man who is shredding his skin.

I rolled up my dress shirt sleeves after I got home tonight as I was sitting down at the old laptop. I had loose dead skin falling all over the place; good thing I had some canned air so I could blow it out from under my keys.


All in all, it was a nice day for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home