Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Hate It When a Plan Falls Apart

I hate it when a plan falls apart
I had every good intention of posting a long blog, Weekend Preview edition for you tonight. That was around lunchtime for me.

Then, my plans fell apart. The staff in the office decided to have a spur of the moment pot luck lunch tomorrow. I was the last one to get to pick what he or she would contribute to the lunch. I ended up with a salad.

I have to prepare the salad tonight before I go to bed because I just do not want to have to get up early and put the salad together. I am going to fix my Greek Caesar salad. It is easy to make but it takes some time. I have to chop up the romaine lettuce and then slice the Kalamata olives. I couldn’t find any sliced ones. I will finish off everything by putting all of the stuff in plastic bags so there is no clean up. One of the secretaries reminded me that she liked anchovies in her salad. She was fortunate because I do as well.

Then, I had to help her with her spicy rice dish; she was at a loss on how to put it together. I gave her my easy to do gringo rice recipe; it works every time.

1. Boil / cook white rice and then drain completely.

2. Add 4 to 8 tablespoons of salsa, any flavor will work, to the rice.

3. Add some ketchup for coloring and season with chili powder, cilantro, or other hot spices to taste; mix together and serve promptly.

I was going to go to the market tonight on my way home so I was not making an extra trip to the market. That was one element of my weekend plans that did not fail me.

Then, when I got home, Lisa the ill manager from my old office called me to tell me about her illness. She has a nasty blood clot in her right arm; the arm is swollen and black and blue in spots. Lisa was quick to tell me her husband did not beat her for being away for a week.

Lisa went on for about forty minutes talking about her arm, the swelling, the discomfort, and the doctor visits. Lisa is also right handed so she can’t do very much with a badly swollen arm for the time being. As you might have guessed, I am really good at listening to women on the telephone. We talked briefly about the old office and who is sick besides her. Then, we played question and answer about sick leave and how it works or should work. I am probably the worst person to ask about sick leave because I rarely am ill.

On the plus side, I will have a lot to talk about when I write the Weekend Update on Monday. I should have a fair amount to say for a change. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home