Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Single Hoodedness

Single Hoodedness
Well, last night I did meet with Nurse Beth.

I will just give you a Cliff Notes version of our first meeting with a promise of a fuller and richer discussion in the Weekend Update on Sunday. Nurse Beth has some admirable qualities and some that I find to be not so swell.

The evening did not go as well as I would have hoped it would.

I was right in saying I would get home too late to make a posting last night. I did not get home until a little after 10:00 PM and I get up around 5:40 AM so I padded off to bed.

I will give my friend Lisa the Matchmaker a call in a couple of days to see how things went from the other side. I have this perverse interest in knowing how Nurse Beth reacted to our meeting.

I also want to talk to Doug about use of language for when I write about our meeting. Since he received an “A+” in Screenwriting, I figure that he can give me a pointer or two on how to turn a catchy phrase here and there.

Doug
The Big Guy called me to let me know that he got signed up for one class for the Fall Semester already. One of his favorite professors emailed him to get on the reserve list for the class so he would be certain to get in because enrollment is very limited. The professor will be teaching the Directing class in the Fall and Doug is looking forward to it. Good work Doug. He also said he may have lined up a Teaching Assistant job in the Fall for one of his professors who liked his work.

I can remember when Doug disliked, hated sounds so harsh, Teaching Assistants and now he may become one. Life does go around in a great circle.

Work
I am almost finished with the contract review work now. I have eleven pages of revisions and additions that I want to see added to the contract.

What I hate most about this work is cleaning up the other party’s incredibly sloppy drafting work. In contract law, a party may be an agent of another or it may be an independent contractor but the party can not be both. It is legally impossible and yet there it is, in all of its so very wrong glory, for the entire world to see.

Maybe I should charge the other party my hourly rate for revising their contract because I know they will incorporate most of my changes into their future contract versions. That would be a sweet extra payday for me.

Short Posting
I think I will write a short posting tonight. I will have something worth looking at on the Weekend Update on Sunday.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home