Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Oh the humanity and irony of it all

Oh the humanity and irony of it all
Less than one week after Stargate SG-1 had its 200th episode air on the Sci-Fi Channel with much fanfare, the Channel announced today that it was not going to renew the series beyond the tenth season. That is some irony.

I was really depressed and bummed out that the series is going to be cancelled. According to the news report, it had a steady viewership that declined slightly when Richard Dean Anderson stepped down two seasons ago and there are ten fan conventions annually. It is or was a popular show or at least I thought that it was popular. The report went on to say that MGM was looking for another channel to air the program on.

I sort of doubt another channel will pick the program up. The Sci-Fi Channel was a natural venue for the series.

On the plus side, my Friday nights will be more open now that Stargate SG-1 is leaving. The spin off, Stargate Atlantis, got picked up for another season so it may move into the SG-1 time slot. Personally, I have yet to acquire a taste for the spin off.

I wonder what the last episode will be like.

Woman of the Moment

These two photos are not from the 2001 Speed Option feature. They both are based on backside views so I thought that they belonged together.



My Friend Sharon
I called my friend Sharon the other day.

She is not Sharon Tay so there is no need to get excited or jealous or just put off a bit about the fact that I live at the beach on Southern California.

Mostly, I wanted to know if she got her birthday card and gift. The last time I spoke to her, she had no received it.

Sharon said that she got right after I called the first time [two weeks ago] about the card. She said she was very excited when she opened the card. Sharon said that she was jumping around and not acting her age at all. I won’t say her age because if I did she might have to kill me. You know that all women, once they are past 21, consider their age to be a top state secret.

Sharon said she called me to thank me for the spa gift certificate. I had to tell her that she didn’t call me. We talked some more about the call that never was. In the end, Sharon said she must have called and left one of her, “Hey Reinhardt, its Sharon, call me,” messages on my phone. Then, when I called her back, she forgot why she had called me in the first place.

That made me feel so swell.
Next, Sharon said she sent me an email. I had to tell her that I never received an email. I know that she has my correct email addresses.

Sharon went on to tell me that she had done some cleaning recently and ran across the thank you cards that she was going to send out last July after her 2005 birthday celebration. I was wondering what happened to the cards, especially since I sent her some stamps last October so she could mail them.

I suppose this does raise one simple question. Is Sharon not very organized and somewhat messy?

Draw your own conclusions.

Sharon did make semi-firm plans to take me to lunch in early September she returns from a week long trip to Oahu and Hawaii with her current boy friend. That will be nice but she still owes me a dinner. I think my chances of winning the lottery are better than collecting from her on the dinner.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home