Thursday, August 17, 2006

Weekend Preview

Woman of the Moment
Today’s posting brings us to the end of Miki Black as the Woman of the Moment era. I will be putting a new Woman of the Moment up over the weekend so you can look for her in the Weekend Update on Sunday the 20th.






Dissertation
I had a meeting with my Dissertation Committee Chair last night as you all know from reading the Tuesday blog.

Aside from an ugly, nasty drive to school, the meeting went very well for me. I do need to rewrite my first chapter but the errors are relatively minor ones and this is not a major project. My Chair said that Chapter 1, the dissertation introduction, often is rewritten after the research has been completed. The introduction needs to match up to the research results.

My Chair gave me some new ideas on how to measure my research material. The new measure is very precise and easier for the survey respondent to process. Anything to make the respondent’s job easier is a great help for me.

Another professor was invited to join the discussion. He offered me a couple of suggestions on how to improve the likelihood of my research survey being responded to by the target audience. I’m not certain if I can apply all of his suggestions or not but I will use all that I can.

I explained how I was approaching Chapter 2 to my Chair. He liked the organizational structure and approach. This will be a big help for me. My Chair also answered a couple of nagging questions about structure and style that I had been pondering. Unfortunately for me, the answers did not go my way.

The Chapter 1 revision is going to be the bulk of my weekend activities.

Dinner at Morton’s
I decided yesterday morning, well after I posted the Tuesday blog, that I deserved to go to Morton’s in Santa Ana / Cost Mesa for my dinner. I was going to be very close to Morton’s, less than a mile and a little more than a kilometer away for my Dissertation Committee meeting.

Morton’s had sent me an email reminder about the current month’s special dinner on Tuesday.

I was going to be in the area at dinner time.

Besides, I figured my meeting would be over around 6:00 PM and it was. There would be only horrible traffic for the drive home. The drive home would be much better after I had a nice dinner at Morton’s.

When I made my reservation, I asked for either Amy or Lily as a server. Doug and I like these two servers with Amy as our favorite server. We prefer them over all of the others. This is not to say that the other servers are not any good; they are good and do an excellent job and make the meal pleasurable.

Amy and Lily “just do it®” better, that’s all.



I’m going to assume you can figure out who is Lily on your own. This was taken in May of this year.

I was so happy that Lily remembered me from when Doug and I were there in May for the annual Chuckay Celebration. Lily made my meal last night a real treat and very enjoyable. I appreciated this even more because this was the first time that I had eaten at Morton’s by myself.

My past experience as a single dinner in nice restaurants has been something that was a cross between a trip to Devil’s Island and dining in the isolation ward where the server stumbles past your table by mistake. I think the skeletons in the desert have more attention than a single diner.

Lily made it a point to make certain that I had a good time. Lily succeed very well in her mission.

Doug and I have only one fear about going to Morton’s. Our biggest fear is that both Amy and Lily will stop working there and then we will have to find a new favorite server and that is not something that we want to do.

Doug and I have been going to the Morton’s in Santa Ana / Costa Mesa for probably ten or more years and we have never had a bad experience. We can definitely recommend it completely and without reservation. We can also recommend asking for either Amy or Lily as your server.

Just don’t ask for them when we are going to be there.

For those of you who are new to the blog since May, Chuckay is a month long celebration of all things Chuck. May is also my birthday month. Doug observes the traditional Douguary Festival. Most of the observances of the celebrations are food related and Morton’s is always the closing event of the celebrations.

Carbon Dating Myself
I can remember when eight inch floppies were used in computers.


I have some more some stuff but I think I will save that for the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home