Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Well Rested Writer

Well Rested Writer
I did go to bed earlier than normal at around 8:30 PM last night. I definitely needed the extra rest and I felt much better this morning. This ought to be a reasonably decent blog posting.

Programming Note
I may not have a blog posting tomorrow night. I have a meeting with my Dissertation Committee chair tomorrow late afternoon – early evening. Since it is in South Orange County and will not end until around 6:00 PM, I may not get home in time to put a posting up.

I just wanted to let you know so you won’t be alarmed if you visit here tomorrow and find nothing new to read.

Woman of the Moment
Here are three more images of the current Woman of the Moment.






Lisa the Matchmaker
My friend Lisa from where I used to work wants to play matchmaker again.

Lisa the Matchmaker, if you will recall, introduced me to Nurse Beth and we all know how much of a disaster that turned out to be. She asked me to try again.

Dating is a lot like riding a bicycle. Even though you may fall, you have to get up and get back on the bicycle or you will never become confident enough to rise well. Yes, I did get a nasty scrape on my knee the last time I was out but I am better now. I am ready to get back on the dating bicycle.

Dating is a lot like hunting ducks; if you through up enough flak and buckshot, you will eventually bring something down. This is not my original idea. One of my fraternity brothers, “Python” Bob Scalley, from university coined the phrase. I won’t go into how he got the nickname of “Python.”

Liz is the next player on Lisa the Matchmaker’s team in the continuing game of ending Charles’ singlehood.

Liz has a cell phone and an email account so we can communicate. She has something that equates with normal working hours, Monday through Friday, so I do not have to consider rearranging my life to accommodate her schedule. Liz does live a ways away from me; maybe 30 miles / 48 kilometers and at least an hour or more on the road unless I am driving very early in the morning or very late at night.

I sent Lisa a summary sheet about me and a couple of recent photos of me. Now, I just have to sit back and wait and see what develops.

Coz Class Girls and Revolving Doors
The courtyard door to the office building where I am working now includes a revolving door and two regular style of doors, one door on each side of the revolving door. The revolving door is a normal revolving door with four sections to it. Each section seems to be just the right size for one person with the usual carryon bags.

From time to time, I have noticed that, for some unknown reason, the cosmetics class girls want to double up and squeeze two people into a section. This certainly seems illogical and silly to me. I keep thinking that one of these days someone will get stuck in the door. The door will operate much faster with one person in each section and the regular doors will work just as well and even more people can enter the building through an open door.

Today, it happened.

Two coz class girls, both with blonde hair, got stuck in the revolving door. They were carrying more carryon bags than any airline would allow, even before the most recent security fuss. The second coz class girl was carrying a large bag of cosmetics stuff I guess. Her bag got caught between the door panel and the door frame.

The door came to a sudden halt and the girls bounced into one another abruptly. They could not go forward and they could not go backward. They were stuck. I think the situation was made much worse by the laughs and smirks from their friends who were going to the same class and walking pass them through the regular doors.

Finally, a building engineer came and freed up the door enough so that they could pull the carryon bad that was stuck inside and allow the door to rotate again.

The entire episode reminded me of something that the Three Stooges would try to do; Larry, Moe, and Curly would have done a better job of the comedy.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home