Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More Rational Thought


More Rational Thought

“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra, American singer and philosopher.

Woman of the Moment
A Woman of the Moment who likes dogs has to be almost dead solid, perfect in all respects.





I will admit that those two dogs look really ratty; I don’t think I will ever own an American Hairless Terrier. A dog should not embarrass you when you take it for a walk in the evening or for any other time. I don’t think I would want to be seen at PetCo with those dogs.

Crazy Woman from Argentina
I will admit that I am lazy and I sometimes leave my connection to the Internet open when I am not at the computer or at work or anyplace else. I have unlimited DSL service so I don’t see any need to turn my laptop off.

Yes, I know I could save some electricity but the laptop does not use all that much to begin with. My total electrical use for the last period was only 378 kilowatts. That is not very much. The big reason why my electrical use is so small is that I do not have any air conditioning beyond opening or closing a window.

Anyway and back to the central point of the story, I was contacted by a crazy woman from Argentina last week. I was actually flamed. I can’t put up most of what she said because this blog could be read by minors.

The bulk of her complaint was that I was not responding to her persistent entries to my ICQ account. I think she felt that I was being another rude and crude American. I think a lot of people make that false assumption.

I was ignoring her because I was not home and I was in the office, pounding out a policy for my client. I did have my ICQ status showing that I was “N/A” as in Not Available.

Hello Bambi from Cordoba. What part of Not Available was unclear to you? I know that you understand English because your flaming used the usual colorful English words correctly.

On the plus side, being at work was a good thing. It saved me from having to deal with Bambi from Cordoba and it prevented from even considering a trip to Argentina any time in anything that resembles the near future.

This event also illustrates why I am happy as a single man now.

Doug
I spoke to Doug after the Sunday Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball game. He was happy because the Angels won and won easily.

We have tentatively set up our lunch for next Saturday at Fatburger. Doug has not been there in a long time and is ready for it. I have not been to Fatburger in well over a month now so I can enjoy a Kingburger with chili and some chili cheese fries.

I got a coupon in the mail from a local coffee shop chain, not Starbucks, which was a buy one get one free promotion. The chain has a store near, well sort of close, to the Fatburger we will be going to. I talked Doug into going there because he likes iced coffee drinks and what’s not to like about saving money.

My Friend Sharon [not Sharon Tay]
I phoned my friend Sharon to see how she was. We had not talked live in over a week; we did exchange some voice messages. She was offline so I left her a message and asked if she was going to the Tofu Festival in the Little Tokyo section of Los Angeles this coming weekend.

Yes, there will be a weekend long Tofu Festival in the old Japanese section of Los Angeles. I think this is something like the tenth or more annual Tofu Festival. The Festival will feature cooking demonstrations and other traditional Japanese activities.

I had no idea that tofu was so exciting.

Sharon called me after she got home.

She said that she was not going to the Tofu Festival and “thank you Charles for telling me about it.”

Sharon said that Doug and I should visit a restaurant in South Orange County that is an all you can eat Italian restaurant. Sharon said that Maggino’s was a perfect place for us; she said we could have as much fried calamari as we could eat.

I hated to tell Sharon that neither one of us like fried squid very much.

Sharon said we should still go there because eating beef all of the time is not the healthiest of food choices and that fish and chicken were good alternatives.

I decided to skip Doug’s T-Rex analogy about where T-Rex survived rather well for 65 million years on a diet of mostly meat.

Sharon said that we should have lunch or dinner now since we have the time. I said that I would love to go to dinner with here; especially since she invited me to dinner a year and a half ago. She said that she would take me to dinner. Being happy and hungry, I said that I could be available most any day. We will see when Sharon takes me to dinner.

I should put a photo of Sharon up in the blog so you can see who she is and maybe understand why I like her so much. She will probably object and get upset. Women are like that sometimes.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home