Thursday, July 27, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
This ought to be an interesting weekend for me.

The building where I live has started a roof replacement project. I had previously thought the company would only work from Monday to Friday. I was re-reading the notice last night and discovered they will work on Saturdays. That means there will be noise and dust and pounding and all sorts of distractions. It also means that I will not get any work completed on my dissertation on Saturday.

I talked to Doug about movie choices for the weekend. He said that I only had one real choice and that was MIAMI VICE since it was directed by Michael Mann. We both like Mann’s work so that is a good choice.

I think I will catch PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN as a second film choice. After all, I am probably the only person left in America who has not seen the film.

The Honda Prelude needs to be taken in for servicing so I can get up early and attend to that and then head on off to the local cinema. I am hopeful that I can get in and out quickly from the Honda dealership. This is a problematical question that is beyond my control. I do know that if the car requires any repairs, the dealership will not have the part in stock so I will have to go back next Saturday and have the part installed. Certainly, that is not how I want to spend next Saturday.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I had a call, voice message actually, yesterday from a local bank. The recruiter had found my resume on Monster.com and wanted to talk to me about a position at the bank. I got home too late to return the call.

I phoned the recruiter this morning. The bank is looking for a lending compliance officer. This is a low stress, low excitement job. You spend your time reading federal and state laws and regulations and reviewing policies and procedures to insure the bank does not violate one of the many laws and regulations that affect loans. When you find a potential problem area, you create a solution and get everyone to buy into the solution.

But, at this stage of my life, it is an ideal job. I do not need any stress in my life. If I want excitement, I can drive on the Los Angeles Freeways and change lanes without signaling. If I need more excitement, I can find a girl friend that is emotional and is overly dramatic with everything.

One of the big pluses for the job is the location. It would be only an additional mile or two further drive for me each day. That is readily acceptable for me.

I will see how things develop here.

Weather
The local weather is moderating now. It should be close to normal for the weekend temperatures. That will be a nice change from the melting steel temperatures we have experienced lately. The beach will be pleasant and, of course, very crowded. It looks like I should stick to my plans for now.


Be well and stay happy and have a great weekend. I will be back with another Weekend Update on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home