Thursday, August 03, 2006

Waiting for the cable guy

Waiting for the cable guy or gal
I used to have Adelphia for my cable television service. It was marginally satisfactory. Then, the founders raped, looted, and plundered the company into bankruptcy. I sincerely hope the founders die in prison for their crimes; they deserve it.

Time Warner Cable bought the Adelphia franchise for Redondo Beach where I live. They took over on August 1st.

My cable service crapped out on me during the evening of August 1st.

The only nice thing that I can say about the customer lack of care center is that it is located in America so everyone speaks American English and that is good. I could not get through to the customer lack of care center on the 1st when the cable service failed me, causing me to miss my new favorite week day Sci-Fi Channel show, EUReKA.

I finally reached the customer lack of care center last night and spoke to a live person who seemed to have no clue to life. She checked and said there had been no reported trouble in my area and that the cable looked fine. She said I would get two days credit for lack of service, as if that will allow me to see the EUReKA episode that I missed.

The customer lack of care center lady said they could come out to my house today and that I could sit around and wait from 1:00 to 3:00 PM or from 3:00 to 5:00 PM from the cable guy or gal to show up. She went on to say that just because I picked the 3:00 to 5:00 PM, it did not mean that the technician would show up then. The technician could show up to two hours later and, in other words, cause me grave personal inconvenience and interrupt my dinner. She had no concept that people like to have uninterrupted dinners.

Now you know why I call it customer lack of care center.

Pop quiz hotshot, how likely is Chuck to sign up for Time Warner high speed internet service? [One of the many sales messages that I was forced to listen to while I was on hold.]

If you said, “Hell will freeze over first before Chuck signs on with Time Warner,” you scored a perfect answer.

Personally, I think the decoded box is failing and needs to be replaced. This should be a simple swap out of the old box for a new one.

It is now 4:17 PM and I have not heard from the cable guy or gal yet.

Time Warner just called at 4:28 PM and said the technician would be at my house in twenty minutes; just barely under the wire, assuming he or she arrives on time.

My Friend Sharon [not Sharon Tay]
The gift certificate arrived today and I did not have to chase around the building of the envelope. Nice touch DHL.

I found out what I forgot that came with the program. There is some aromatherapy that goes with the manicure. That sounds sort of bogus to me; nice smells while someone does your nails. Come on people; that is just too far out for me to be believable.

In any event, I expect that she will enjoy herself.

Watchless
I am still watchless but I think I may wear a watch tomorrow because it will cover up my white stripe on my wrist. I am having lunch with Vivian the Office Assistant from where I used to work. I want to look nice. Then, I will drop the watch on the weekend and go back to being watchless.

So far, I have not stressed about not having a watch and I am able to stay on time with things. This may be a good thing for me.

Woman of the Moment
I still have not found a photo where Tamlyn Tomita is smiling yet as you can clearly see.



I suppose that this temporary term will work until I come up with something that will feel better for the blog. The temporary term is consistent with the ideas of Woman of the Year and so on like that.

Weather
It was cool and cloudy until around 3:00 PM today. I think the high temperature was about 73F / 22C today. That was very nice. There was a brief, light rain this morning. All the light rain did was to make a mess of the cars that were being washed in the parking lot. The rest of the week and weekend are looking nice with cooler weather for a change.

Weekend Preview
It is the weekend now, well almost now. It starts off with a lunch with Vivian and that is the absolute perfect start for the weekend.

Then on Saturday or Sunday, Doug and I will go to Fatburger or the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers for lunch. I also plan to buy my calendar for next year this weekend.

I have found the next Woman of the Moment. Almost all of her photos are in color and she is smiling in almost all of them. I would expect to the have new one up on the blog on Monday or Tuesday of next week.


I hope you all have a great weekend gentle readers. I will be back on Sunday with the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home