Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Second Thoughts about Nurse Joyce

Second Thoughts on Nurse Joyce
I had some second thoughts about meeting Nurse Joyce. I would like to meet her again but only if she has no pointed objects like needles anywhere near her at the time we meet. As you recall, the last time I saw Nurse Joyce was not under the best of circumstances for me. It was a painful parting for us, literally painful for me at least.

Name the Feature
So far, none of you gentle readers have submitted any ideas for the new name of the Babe of the Moment feature. I was hoping that I might have two or three to choose from by now.


On the related subject, this photo of Tamlyn Tomita is from the J.A.G. television series where she played a Navy lawyer, Tracy Minetti, who had appearances from time to time. I also think that she can smile when she wants to.

Visitor Count
The final visitor count for July was 270, a very nice number. I think a more accurate number was over 325 because I lost the first nine days of the month traffic count. The site has been averaging 12 to 13 visitors a day so an additional 65 visitors over a nine day period is not out of line even when you include our Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Driving
This is one of the last holdovers from the Comic-Con.

When Doug and I went to Comic-Con, I drove my Pathfinder there and Doug had to drive it back because of my case of real heat exhaustion. Doug normally drives a Honda Accord so the Pathfinder was a much larger and somewhat less responsive vehicle for him to drive. He was surprised that I could go from driving the much smaller Prelude to Pathfinder without any trouble.





I told Doug that both of the vehicles are relatively small. Driving something like a Honda Accord and then driving a ten wheel truck that is twenty feet long with a ten speed manual transmission; now that is a real challenge. I did that once and it was not fun because it was in the Summer and the truck had no air conditioning.

I prefer to drive the Prelude except when it is very hot because the Pathfinder has a much better air conditioner system.

Doug
Doug called to talk me about a critical article on the state of American movies that he had me edit for grammar and stuff like that. He is going to rewrite the essay and so I will have another shot at catching the improper comma use and may be finding some ways to reduce the word count when I edit it again.

We talked about how he could approach the topic from the new vantage point. I put out a suggestion that would allow him to retain about 65% of what he had already written. This would save a lot of time in the rewrite and still retain most of his ideas.


Submit your entry for the Name the Feature event.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home