Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Still No New Name

Still No New Name
I see that no one has taken up the challenge for the new name of the Babe of the Moment feature. Maybe I could have more luck if I packaged the new name with a corporate sponsorship.

That might work.

I can see something like Continental Airlines Presents the Babe of the Moment or The Babe of the Moment Brought to You by Honda.


I wish I could find a photo where Tamlyn is smiling.

I think the best cross promotion would be with that pay day lender Check n Go. We could rename the Babe of the Moment to Check n Go Presents Balancing Checkbooks’ Babe of the Moment or Check n Go’s Babe of the Moment.

Perfect tie in.

This would boost the Balancing Checkbook’s revenue potential by a gazillion percent or more. That would be assured since I get no money for my effort.

Hamburgers
I think that by now most all of the regular Balancers know that Doug and I love a big juicy hamburger with onions, cheese, pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes. All of the good stuff that God intended to be part of the great food source, the American hamburger.

Doug called while I was reading the food section of the local fish wrap’s [Los Angeles Times newspaper] Food Section this afternoon. The feature article was about these phony, designer hamburgers that are made with imported beef, sprouts, and mushrooms. I was more upset by the fact that all of these “so-called” great burger places were located in one part of the county and they never even mentioned the Los Angeles hamburger icon, The Original Tommy’s Hamburgers.

This got us to talking about how much we were craving a hamburger from Fatburger or the Original Tommy’s and not some make believe thing called a slider. The slider is so small, puny, and dinky that it makes a White Castle hamburger look large in comparison.

If you are going to charge upwards for $20 for a single hamburger, it had better look something like this, a Kingburger from Fatburger:



or this, a Mega Combo from the Original Tommy's:



After a Kingburger from Fatburger or a Mega Combo from Tommy’s, you know that you have eaten a filling meal and not some pathetic little pretender hamburger.

I think real men like to eat hamburgers that taste just like a ground up steak and cover it with the right ingredients like a thick tomato slice and fresh lettuce and not the shredded lettuce you find in some hamburgers. I believe that more is good when you are talking about a hamburger and two or three slices of beef is much better than one slice.

Just go to In n Out Burgers and try a 3x3 in the traditional or protein style [no hamburger bun, just lettuce leaves]. Epic meal on any day of the week.

These are the way things should be. It is the American way of life.

So, this weekend, Doug and I will be dining for lunch at either Fatburger or the Original Tommy’s for one big ole hamburger with everything on it. If we go to Fatburger, I think I will get a Kingburger [8 ounces / 225 grams] of beef with a couple of thick tomato slices, pickles, onions, and lettuce. I will probably have them add a ladle of chili so it is close to the Original Tommy’s hamburgers.

If we end up at the Original Tommy’s, I think I will probably a double chili cheeseburger and chili cheese fries and a medium drink. I think I need to cut back on the Mega Combos from there for a while.

The nice part about this decision is there are no bad choices; only great choices.

Life will be good for us this weekend.

My Friend Sharon [not Sharon Tay]
My friend Sharon had her birthday in July. I won’t say how old she is now except to say that she is no longer as young as she once was. I had been somewhat remiss in picking out a birthday gift for her.

It is hard to buy something for a woman who probably has about everything that she could want. I spoke to the Princess for some ideas. The Princess is always great help at buying gifts for my female friends; she seems to know what will work and always is willing to say, “If Bambi / Amber / whatever doesn’t like the Coach scarf Daddy, you can dump her and give me the scarf.”

The Princess is so accommodating that way.

The Princess suggested a gift certificate to a spa. The reasoning was along the lines of every woman likes to be pampered and a spa is the perfect place to be pampered. I called a spa that was sort of close to where Sharon lives and ordered a certificate; it will cover a manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, and some other stuff that made no sense to me or I forgot what it was.

The certificate should arrive at my house is a day or so. Then, all I have to do is re-mail it in a birthday card from the Princess, Doug and me and I am home free for the rest of the year.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home