Thursday, August 10, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
The weekend is not going to be very busy for me.

The new roof is on the building so the noise from the workers is over and their debris has been hauled away. I will be able to write on Saturday. I am trying to get in four or five pages for the dissertation. That would be a nice result.

My lunch with Doug got postponed or shifted to Sunday. He has some plans to hang out with his friends on Friday and he was uncertain about when he would get home from the event. My guess is that his arrival time at home will be in the pre-dawn hours of Saturday. Doug does not like to be faced with the prospect of having to get up on less than ten or more hours of sleep. It is easier for us to do lunch on Sunday.

I will go to a local office supply company over the weekend. They are having a 10% off anything you can fit in a brown paper bag sale. This is when I buy my printer paper and Cross pen ink cartridges for the coming year.

Microsoft
I think it was last year sometime that I received a notice that I might be a victim in a class action lawsuit against Microsoft. I guess I filed a claim.

Fast forward to yesterday’s mail.

I got a notice from the claims administrator. My claim had been accepted and the value of my claim was determined to be $158.00. I have no idea how they came up with that value.

Cool. Then, I read the Settlement Notice completely.

In order to claim my award, I have to provide the claims administrator with receipts for stuff that I have purchased since 2003 that totals $158.00 or more. This is no easy task. I do not keep my receipts once I determine the product works as it is supposed to and the warranty period has expired.

I also do not have many of my receipts because they were submitted to claim rebates. I just scored a $70.00 rebate on a $79.00 purchase from Symantec.

Tomorrow, I will have to call the claims administrator and see if the award would apply to something I might buy this weekend. Of course, I do not know what stuff that I need now. The award does not cover printer supplies or other consumable supplies.

I was not planning any major software purchase anytime soon. I plan to wait until after Microsoft VISTA has been released and most the troubles are identified and solved before I purchased that operating system so that is maybe the second half of 2007. I had been thinking about buying a new laptop around the first of the year so $158.00 would be close to a 10% discount off of the laptop price.

Woman of the Moment
I just wish thumbnail photos were not really thumbnail size. These photos are set to display at the largest size in Blogger.com. I could try to enlarge the image but that produces mixed results that are generally not that good.








The next Woman of the Moment has mostly larger sized images so that viewing will not be as much of a pain.

Visitors
We had one visitor so far this week who managed to be fascinated by my scribblings. The visitor was on the blog for fifteen minutes in one session.

More Thoughts on Giving Up the Courtyard Views
I thought of another plus to my upcoming work location change. I will not be able to look at tats on young women. This is a plus for me. I will also miss out on the cosmetics class women. This is fine since some of them try to pack too much body into too small of an outfit. I am not a fan of over exposed flesh.

I will miss out on seeing some of the more attractive young smokers from Japan Air Lines. I had thought this would be a major low point for me.

I was convinced that I would miss this until I saw one of the young smokers today. It looked like she had just returned from a vacation trip. I saw her leave last week in her way too short hip hugger skirt and belly tee shirt. She had a nice flat stomach and life was good for me.

Today, I noticed that she had put on some weight while she was away and there was a less than pleasant looking bulge at the top of her way too short skirt.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will be back on Sunday with the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home