Monday, September 25, 2006

Mondays are always a letdown

Mondays Are Always a Letdown
Mondays are always a letdown after the weekend. The blog is a lot like that. I write a lot about the weekend and then there is nothing much to say on Monday.

Woman of the Moment
Led with the good stuff when you don’t have too much to say. The Woman of the Moment is always good stuff.





Job Searching and Interviewing
The bank hiring manager from Friday called me this morning without any advance notice. It was lucky I was around to answer his call.

We talked for about an hour or so. I don’t think I’m what the bank wants for the position. I have a lot of other components and experiences that are valuable but he seemed to want some skills that I lack.

That’s ok with me. I’m not bothered by rejection; this wasn’t the first rejection and it will not be the last rejection in my life. I’ll live and survive.

The hiring manager did say one thing that was out of character after just telling me that I lacked the specific skill set he was looking for. He said he was going to discuss our telephone conversation with his immediate boss who was the head of the division when the hiring manager goes to the head office later this week.

That was not logical but I will see what develops from today’s phone call.

I won’t hold my breath until the bank calls me again.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me this morning. She was back in town after her trip to Wisconsin. She had a good time and enjoyed herself but was glad to be back home.

Sharon told me that she had been having dinner in Wisconsin on Saturday. They were eating outside because it was warm and not too sunny. She heard some sirens going off and her cousin said that they sounded like tornado warnings. They went ahead and finished their meal. Some of the others who were outside went inside when the sirens went off.

Another cousin called her on the cell phone and said it was pouring rain and very windy where he was and that tornado warnings had been issued for his area.

Then, it suddenly turned dark and became very windy and the sky opened up with a downpour. They went inside and discovered the sirens were tornado warnings.

I said that sounds so Wizard of Oz like.

Sharon laughed because they were on their way to see the musical, “Wicked,” which is about the Wizard of Oz.

Sharon obviously had a much more exciting weekend than I did for sure and certain.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home