Thursday, September 21, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
It’s that time of the week, Weekend Preview time.

This will be another slow weekend for me.

The big day will be Friday. I am driving out to the Aliso Viejo Mall to stop by the Laguna Surf and Sand store to buy some new Lakai skateboard shoes. I had planned to go out on Saturday and possibly hook up with Doug for lunch but he had other plans.

On Friday afternoon, I’m having a meeting with my Dissertation Committee chair to review the changes I made to a chapter. I also have some other concerns to talk to him about so I will kill two errands with one driving session. Doug also had other plans for his Directing class for Friday so we won’t meet for lunch at Fatburger at the Aliso Viejo Mall.

The drive home from the Committee meeting will be marginally terrible. My meeting is at 5:00 PM so, by the time I get out of the meeting, the freeway should be jammed with traffic of workers going home and others heading out of town on the last weekend of Summer. Technically, Summer ends sometime tonight I think or is it tomorrow night.

One of the nice results of my friend Sharon’s trip to Wisconsin has been a substantial drop in phone calls from her. So far this week, she had only called me once and that was nice. I expect to hear from her the first of the week when she returns to town.

Woman of the Moment
Of course, the day and the weekend would not be complete without the Woman of the Moment. There’ll be the Weekend Bonus Feature on Saturday for those who venture in here.




Vivian’s Man of the Moment
This is my friend Vivian’s idea. I think she would approve of the selection of Brad Pitt. Although, I ought to ask her for her ideas. If Vivian is out of ideas, I can always ask the Princess.


Dissertation
Obviously, I will be working on the dissertation. Hopefully, my chapter revision will be acceptable and I will not have to rework it again to gain the required approvals.

I’m concerned about one small aspect of the potential research. I feel it may not be adequate. I don’t want to add another 30 subsidiary surveys to the research project. That would make it too long and too involved.

Then there is the value of the extra research as well. For example, Hawaii only has two community banks in the entire state. I sort of question the possible need to survey small business owners in Hawaii when the two banks may not respond to the primary survey. I think I may want to change to focus of the primary research to make it more manageable for me and to reduce the need for numerous additional subsidiary surveys.


Be well and stay happy gentle readers and have a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home