Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weekend Preview - October 26th

Weekend Preview
This is going to be a short Weekend Update for a lot of reasons.

My plans for the weekend are up in the air right now for one.

Vivian did not send me her current Man of the Moment name and photo so that section goes empty or unfilled.

I had thought about seeing my tailor from Hong Kong on Friday and then have lunch with Sharon. The tailor visit was integrated with the Sharon lunch. I haven’t kicked my cold yet so I’m not sure I want to hang with Sharon since she is recovering from some out-patient surgery. I will give her a call on Friday morning and see how she feels.

My Dissertation Committee Chair is still out of town so I won’t be doing much on it over the weekend. I had hoped to get some good writing time in.

I did finish some simple proof reading for one of Doug’s class papers last night. I was able to turn my comments around in a day so he will be able to finish the paper in time for class on Monday with no stress.

Woman of the Moment
Last night’s photos came from the Speed Options model web site where Sunisa Kim was the July 2004 featured model. I had the source wrong last night. Tonight’s photos are from the Internet.



Doug
Doug suggested that I go catch some films at the local multiplex cinema. I think this makes some sense for me. The last film I saw was V FOR VENDETTA in March.

He was high on THE DEPARTED as a film worth seeing. I expect that it will be in the cinemas over the weekend. I want to check out the independent and foreign films; Vivian was keen on THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND when we had lunch. That might be an interesting film to see.

El Gringo
Of course, there is always El Gringo on Sunday afternoon with its big plasma screen televisions around the place to watch sports programming while you eat. I have no idea what I am going to have to eat but I am certain I will be filled up for the rest of the day and it is likely to be spicy.

Happy Happy Joy Joy Day
It looks like the National Football League [American football] will not be coming to Los Angeles anytime soon. That means we avoid having to pay for a billion dollar stadium and suffering with a crummy team in our city.

Think of it this way, instead of having a team that hasn’t made it to the Champions League in years, you get to watch up to four free top notch matches every Sunday from the comfort of your home. No long lines at the overpriced beer queue. No long lines elsewhere. No rowdy fans to spoil the match. No cold and wind and rain. No long drive to get to the match and back home again. No cold food or warm beer.

It’s a perfect arrangement for me.


Be well and stay happy and have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home