Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day Part 2

Election Day Part 2
One of the big problems with a national election in the United States is the mind numbing and deafening stream of pundits who are now saying that “I predicted to outcome of the election well before the nation went to the polls,” or some other self serving mindless drivel.

I heard one news report that we, Americans, spent over USD$1.5 trillion on all of the candidates and political questions on the ballots for this election. I can believe that number.

Spending that much money seems to be criminal to me. There was so much waste in the campaigns; I received one or two mailers a day in my mailbox over the last three weeks of the campaign. They went directly into the recycle trash, unread and unnoticed. I know we could have done so much more with a fraction of the money dumped into mean spirited attack ads on television and in the mails.

Amidst the sea of revisionist campaign advisers’ announcements this morning, I was pleased to see that Brittany Spears is up beat after filing for a divorce from her husband.

Nice to know American journalism is right on top of the important stories of the day.

Woman of the Moment
The new Woman of the Moment is Joyce Lex. Joyce is a Chinese American who came here with her family and settled in San Diego California. Unlike many models, Joyce attended San Diego State University and graduated with a degree in Biochemistry.

For those of you who are mathematically inclined, Joyce is 63 inches / 160 centimeters tall. She measures 34C-24-36 inches or 86-61-91 centimeters. Her birthday is July 18, 1981, making her just barely 25 years old.

About half of the photos came from various internet sites and the other half came from the Speed Options website. Joyce appeared as the March, 2005 Speed Options model of the month.

Joyce has a web site, http://www.JoyceLexPlayhouse.com but I’m not sure if it is functioning. I tired to visit the site but got a 404 error message for my efforts.



Sharon
My friend Sharon and I had another long chat last night after I posted to the blog.

Her new employer is sort of stuck in the middle of the 20th Century and must be losing market share or at least not growing as much as they could grow. The company has a potentially great franchise that cries out to be exploited and developed. I will try to help her work with the company and bring them, kicking and screaming, into the 21st Century.

Morton’s
Doug and I had several conversations over the last few days about when to go to Morton’s for a dinner between now and the end of the year. We decided on November 18th.

Doug wanted to have a latter dinner at 7:00 PM. This was not my first time choice since it means I can not see my Japanese samurai historical drama on Saturday or at least all of that night’s programming. I agreed to go along with him since I will be able to watch it this Saturday and the Saturday after it.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home