Thursday, December 14, 2006

Weekend Preview - December 14th

Weekend Preview
This looks like this will be a slow weekend for me. My big plans include working on my dissertation and that is about the extent of things for me aside from having lunch with my friend Vivian on Sunday.

Doug called me this morning to let me know when he planned to get here to help me move some stuff. We also talked about where we ought to go for lunch. I suggested that we either go to the local delicatessen, Giuliano’s, or California Pizza Kitchen. Doug decided to go to Giuliano’s and get a large, hot pastrami sandwich and then come back to the flat and have lunch here.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment
Vivian made up for being absent from her Man of the Moment postings by selecting the group, Snow Patrol.

I have to admit that I have never heard of Snow Patrol before nor heard them sing to the best of my knowledge. I will take Vivian’s statement that their song ‘Run’ made her very happy. Vivian said she saw the group perform earlier this month at a local radio station’s annual holiday musical event, KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas.


Woman of the Moment
We are getting down to the end of my supply of Oksana Mazurovsky photos now.




Job Searching and Interviewing
I had a job interview today that went fairly well for me.

The job is a teaching position at a trade school and I might end up teaching three or four classes. Granted, a trade school is not Harvard but it is a teaching start for me and I can build this up to higher levels of education.

My job interview consisted of me giving a mock classroom presentation to three department heads, none of whom were from the Business Administration Department. I talked about planning because it seemed like a topic that would reach across department boundaries because every academic department has to plan and organize. I guess I did fine on the presentation as the school wants to have me start teaching in January.

Nice for me.


Have a great weekend gentle readers.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home