Thursday, May 31, 2007

Weekend Preview - May 31st

Weekend Preview
Well, here it is the weekend already and the first of June as well.

This year certainly has flown by so far for me.

The sampler pack of cigars arrived today. They look very interesting. The ten cigars are mostly all with the medium brown wrapper although two have the very dark maduro style of wrapper. Some are short but most are the length that I usually smoke, around six inches / fifteen centimeters.

Fifteen centimeters seems like an awfully long cigar.

I will take one with me to Atlanta and try it there. Hopefully, there will be no rain since I am staying at a non-smoking hotel. I should be able to light up outside and enjoy the cigar before dinner.

Tomorrow, I am scheduled to have my hair cut by the new stylist who came back to Los Angeles. I am hoping that she does another good job for me. I want to look nice when I am in Atlanta. She did a great job the first time out so I am hoping that she can duplicate her earlier success with my hair.

In the event the new stylist lets me down, I do have a back up plan that will work fine. My hair won’t look as nice but that is the price one may pay to go to a stylist who is not as reliable as I would prefer.

Oh well, life happens and I made a choice here.

Today is also the end of the month. I will post the monthly visitor totals on Monday with the Weekend Update. The month for visitors is turning out to be one of the better ones this year.

I will not be posting the Weekend Update on Sunday as I usually do. I will be flying back to Los Angeles from Atlanta. One never knows for sure and certain whether the flight will be on time or some other time in arriving.

I can be happy with a smooth landing. I just have carry on bags so they will not get lost along the way home.

I went to the cinema today and saw HOT FUZZ. This film is from the same people who brought us SHAUN OF THE DEAD. HOT FUZZ is an English parody of the police action adventure films. I think this film parodied mostly POINT BREAK and BAD BOYS although you can probably add LETHAL WEAPON as well.

It is a very enjoyable and rewarding film with that underplayed British sense of humor. Bill Nighy from PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN AT WORLD’S END has a very nice cameo appearance in the HOT FUZZ.

I will admit the film has a slow start but it does gather momentum and finishes off nicely with a wonderful gun battle and car cash. There were some very nice explosions.

I can recommend the film and I would encourage you to see it if it is still playing in your home town. I will be adding it to my list of films to be acquired and will be putting it on the shelf soon.

The film has been in the theater locally for some time now. I expect that this is the last week for the film in my local cinema multi-plex. All of the film trailers were for films that had already opened and, in one or two cases, had folded.
Doug is going to get the DVD before me because he has a multi-region DVD player. He is going to get a Region 2 [Europe and Africa] version of the film. I will be content to wait for the North American version that will be out by the end of Summer with any luck.

I still have two or three more films to see. I plan to see SPIDERMAN 3, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, and maybe WAITRESS. Doug has been talking about only wanting to see three films this Summer, KNOCKED UP, NANCY DREW, and the Simpson’s Movie.

I am going to Atlanta to celebrate the Princess’s birthday. Normally, I do this in March, her birthday month. This year, I had a Saturday afternoon class so it was impossible for me to teach and be in Atlanta.

We will go have dinner at Morton’s in the Buckhead section of the city. We go there because I love to eat at Morton’s and the Princess loved their yummy crab cakes and hot chocolate cake for dessert. We also go there because I am flying out and flying back over the weekend so the Princess allows me to pick the place.

That covers the Weekend Preview.

Woman of the Moment
I did make some progress with my future Women of the Moment when I went to Speed Options.com yesterday. I found a future Woman of the Moment and close to 45 images of her in a bikini or other tight fitting clothes.

That should work out nicely for you readers out there.

Having said that, I still do like Ryoko Shinohara for a number of reasons. One reason why I like her is that she has some talent beyond being able to stand upright in a bikini and smile.




Nice lips.


Enjoy your weekend and stay safe

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home