Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What Were You Thinking?

What Were You Thinking?
I was watching the local television news last night. This is one of those programs that sort of fill space in the daily programming schedule. The only real news they broadcast is a high speed police chase on the freeways.

These are really fun to watch, especially if it is close to where you are driving. You can see all of the television news helicopters hovering over the chase. It sometimes looks like a scene from APOCALYPSE NOW.

Anyway, they were showing a feature on healthy ice cream.

I have no idea why. I have only been concerned with how cold and how good the ice cream tasted. When I came home from Viet Nam for the first time, I ate a whole half gallon / 1.9 liters of ice cream. It tasted so good and was so cold.

Perfectomundo and back to the story.

The news story started off with a woman going into an ice cream store and asking how many calories were in a serving of the store’s ice cream.

What was she thinking?

Ice cream has calories. Accept that and move on so the next person in line can place his or her order. If you are concerned about calories, you should not even be in an ice cream store.

I usually go to Cold Stone Creamery for an ice cream cone about three or four times a year and get one with two or three scoops of ice cream and some toppings like M&Ms mixed in. I consider the visit a complete success if I can walk away with no ice cream on my shirt.

The best way to end a meal is with a large dish of super premium chocolate or coffee ice cream, a twenty year old single malt Scotch whisky, served straight up, and a fine well aged cigar.

The Brother
I was talking with my brother today about hamburgers and how Atlanta is supposed to have the best hamburgers in the country. I told him the Princess has never heard of the place but then that is not surprising since she is not a burger eater by nature.

Then, we talked about our Memorial Day weekend. I said that I taught class on Saturday afternoon and that was about it for me.

My brother and his wife saw three films over the weekend. They must have had time on their hands I guess. He can recommend seeing two films, WAITRESS and GEORGIA RULE. He said that he really couldn’t recommend the third film BUG unless you happen to like suspense – horror films. His wife wanted to leave half way through the film. She stayed around because she wanted to see how it ended.

WAITRESS and BUG did well this past weekend. GEORGIA RULE looks like it is fading fast although Lindsey Lohan who was in the film may generate some business as a result of her bad driving in Los Angeles over the weekend.

Teaching
I turned in my grades for the current and soon to be last term at school this morning. I was not the only teacher who was busy submitting his or her grades. In the end, I had five students who did not pass their courses. Since all of the students who failed could have pasted the courses if they had completed their homework assignments and writing and research assignments in a timely manner, I do not feel badly at all.

I suppose that I should have nagged more and been more insistent on getting the assignments turned in. I will do better this next term.

While I was at school, I picked up the course outlines and instructor syllabi for my five new classes for next term. Each one is over a hundred pages long. That will be a lot of work for me to create the lesson plans for each new class.

One of the things that I learned was that my Monday and Wednesday night classes are five hour classes. That means they run until 11:00 PM each night. I won’t get home until very close to midnight. Those will be long days for me. The school expects the students to be kept in class and learning right up to the 11:00 PM mark on the clock.

Woman of the Moment
We are in the winding down stage of Ryoko Shinohara’s time as the Woman of the Moment. I think there are enough images left after today for four more postings. I am still debating what to do about the next Woman of the Moment.




I wonder when Ryoko visited California.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home