Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Weekend Update Carryover - May 22nd

Weekend Update Carryover
I had thought that Doug would be staying with me on Monday in preparation to work at the Sony Studios. He is continuing to work until the end of the month; he wants to finish the month out and help with training the new interns that started this week.

He called me on Monday and said that he would be crashing at his friend’s Rob and Derek’s place in Hollywood so he could go work at a casting agency at the Sunset Gower Studios. The production company where he normally works on Tuesday sometimes shares Doug’s time with the casting agency.

Doug thinks this is a good idea since it will allow him an opportunity to widen his network of contacts in the industry. I tend to agree with him.

I just got a call from Doug saying that he would stay here tonight.

That leaves dinner somewhat up in the air now. We’ll find something to do for dinner if we end up at El Burrito or El Gringo or Fatburger or Giuliano’s or Burger King.

Sailor Suit and Machine Gun
That is the English translation of the new Japanese drama serial that I started watching on Sunday night. If you wanted to be technically correct, it would be machine pistol.

Anyway.


The show is about a Japanese high school girl who becomes the head of a minor yakuza family following the deaths of her great uncle and her father. It is an interesting premise; Japanese high school girls, yakuza, and machine guns.

Sunday’s show just built the background about how the yakuza came to her school to ask her to come with them. The yakuza, dressed like they were stand-ins for the Reservoir Dogs, caused a major commotion when they arrived at her school.


Masami Nagasawa plays the teenage student. I first saw her in Dragon Zukura maybe a year and a half or two years ago. I will try to add some more information about Masami in the coming blogs.

Woman of the Moment
This is a great time to toss in some more photos of another Japanese actress, Ryoko Shinohara.




Perfectomundo.

El Gringo
Jess the Server was back at work at El Gringo on Sunday. Her hair was also back to its normal blonde color.

Jess gave a big, “Hi Charles. How have you been?” when I walked in. It is really nice to be greeted like that whenever you enter a place of business.

I asked Jess where she had been the prior Sunday. She said she went out to lunch with her mother for Mother’s Day. Good daughter, Jess. I said, “Good for you Jess. I missed you last week.”

I felt like having chicken and eating healthy for a change. I had a very tasty chicken burrito. It was very filling and satisfying. The soda machine was working so I washed the burrito down with a frosty root beer.

Teaching
I was talking to the teacher scheduler on Monday morning after I finished a substitute session for another teacher. I wanted to tell him that I was happy with my tentative class assignments. I think that made him feel good.

The scheduler asked me if I would be interested in teaching Accounting II instead of Accounting I. The class would be on the same day so there would be no change in my schedule. The instructor who was originally penciled in for the Accounting II class said that he wasn’t that confident about teaching the course. The scheduler said I was the only other teacher who could teach the class.

I agreed to help out and teach Accounting II. This means that I have four new classes and four sets of new lesson plans to prepare over the next three months.

Life happens; you learn to deal with it.

The scheduler also asked me about teaching another new class. I forget what its name is; it is essentially teaching new students the ins and outs of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and the Internet. I said that I could do that. The dean has to make the final decision so I won’t know if I got the fifth class for another few days.


I think this just about closes out the Weekend Update.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home