Thursday, May 03, 2007

Weekend Preview - May 3rd

Weekend Preview
Again, this is a slow weekend for me.

I have a class to teach on Saturday afternoon. I am also filling in as a substitute on Friday night. That means I will miss the Stargate SG-1 episode.

I am going to try to work on the dissertation but that is problematical since I am going out to dinner on Sunday evening. Given the getting ready plus the drive to Morton’s and sleeping late on Sunday, I do not have a lot of free time left after I read the paper.

No Sunday late lunch or early dinner for me at El Gringo this week. Jess the Server will have to get a long without me for one week.

The road construction that is taking place outside of my building was supposed to only last a month. We are now in the second month and the work is less than 30% completed. At the rate the contractor is working, the work crews will be there after 4th of July. This is such an inconvenience for me. I can not turn left as I leave my building anymore so this means I will burn more gasoline and waste time.

April Visitors
We had a good month for visitors in April. There were a total of 574 visitors, down from a great March period. Still, 574 is a respectable visitor count for the blog. About 30% of the visitors come from countries other than the United States.

Either you like my writing or maybe you just come for the photos. I suppose it could be a combination of both.

I do appreciate all of you who visit the blog and contribute to its success.

Teaching
I have resigned myself to a poor attendance with my Saturday afternoon class. I suspect that many students will be out celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Most will use the day as a reason or excuse to drink too much and eat too much.

Friday night’s class may be the same since the students know I am going to be the substitute instructor.

The administration asked me if I would be willing to fill in on one class in case the instructor has to drop out suddenly. The instructor is pregnant and, when I saw her on Tuesday, she looked like she was ready to have the baby. The course substituting would only be for three weeks and I know all of the students from prior classes. The course is a business course so I could probably teach it with a minimal amount of preparation.

On a side note, the school has me tentatively slotted in to teach five courses next term. That would be nice. It would be even nicer if they were classes that I have taught before so I would not have to create a set of lecture notes from scratch as I am doing with each of my courses now. I should know what the classes may be in a couple of days.

Woman of the Moment
I will close the Weekend Preview with Carmen Electra. This seems like a very logical way to end the week.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home