Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The New Woman of the Moment

New Woman of the Moment
The New Woman of the Moment is Ryoko Shinohara. Ryoko Shinohara is a thirty three year old [August 13, 1983] Japanese actress and singer. The Internet Movie Database shows Ryoko with credits in twenty five films. Wikipedia says that her singing career has languished and that she has concentrated on her acting, becoming a leading Japanese actress.

I came across Ryoko Shinohara when the Japanese comedy Delicious Proposal, I had been watching, ended. She starred in a comedy called Bad Luck Bride. She seems to have a good sense for comedic acting. The comedy is worth watching; the translation is fairly good and even, the cast has a nice range of odd ball characters.

For the statistically inclined, Ryoko is 64 inches / 162 centimeters tall and measures 31 -22 – 33 inches / 80 – 56 – 83 centimeters.

There are a large number of photos that are available at Google Images. I try to limit the size of the images so they will show nicely in the blog. There is one image of Ryoko with a “wardrobe malfunction” floating around in the ether.




Weekend Bonus Feature
This week will also mark a change in the Weekend Bonus Feature. I think this is the first time I have changed both image sections in one week.

Ominous Thoughts
I was reading the weekly automobile section of the local newspaper today. It must have been a slow news day. There was an article about how difficult it had been to find a replacement part of a 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII vehicle.

The part is no longer produced and, after what appears to have a very extensive search by the Ford Motor Company, is not available anywhere.


That got me to thinking. The Prelude is 1989 model that I bought new in September of 1988. It will be nineteen years old in a few months. I may be facing the same problem with the Honda. Parts may no longer be manufactured and none may be available anywhere in the country. My only source for parts could end up with the automobile junk yards and I do not envision myself crawling about wrecked Preludes, looking for a specific part.

I am leaning towards replacing the Prelude in 2008 right now. This seems like a logical course of action. I know the repair and maintenance costs are only going to increase between now and whenever I stop supporting the Prelude. I recognize that I will have some short term expenses for repairs but I will come out ahead in the long run.

Interesting Visitor
I had an interesting visitor to the blog yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time that I can remember that a visitor from my old home town, San Marino, California, where I grew up came to visit the blog. That was fascinating for me. I was more surprised to learn the visitor came from the Huntington Library and Gardens.

I wonder what I wrote that would have triggered such interest.

Oh well, it must have been good, whatever it was.

Chuckay Dinner – Part III
Doug and I decided to go to the local Fatburger for dinner tonight.

While this is not truly a part of the Chuckay Celebration, we do enjoy a hot greasy Kingburger with cheese and everything else every now and then. I don’t think we have been to Fatburger in more than five or six months.

I think I will be having a Kingburger with cheese and Fat Fries. This is a Kingburger with cheese.


Fat Fries are just thick cut French fries instead of the small ones most places offer. I have tried their chili cheese fries but they are not anywhere near what the Original Tommy’s Hamburgers gives you.

Fatburger is a Southern California tradition. It serves mostly beef with one chicken item on the menu and one salad item. Everything is made to order and you can have the hamburger grilled if you want. The hamburger comes wrapped in paper that serves a nice catch basin for the drippings from the hamburger.

Perfectomundo.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home