Thursday, May 17, 2007

Weekend Preview - May 17th

Weekend Preview
I was greeted with the satisfying smell of hamburgers and French fries when I got in the Prelude this morning on my way to school. I left for school earlier than I normally would because I had heard that there was an accident on one of the freeways that I take. The accident had been cleared up and there were no delays in reaching school.

I got to school in about 45 minutes and had to wait for another fifteen minutes until someone came to unlock the doors. I listened to the radio while I waited.

I have my next to last Saturday class. I will not miss these classes, especially during the Summer. I should have a close to full class because it is the last day to turn in homework and group projects. It will be difficult to pass the class if the students do not turn in the assignments.

I may go to the cinema over the weekend. There are some films that I want to see. If I go now, I should avoid some of the crowds since the films I want to see have been out for a while.

The only other activity will be the Sunday meal at El Gringo. Hopefully, Jess the Server will be there on Sunday.

So far, I have only one complaint with the new laptop. I have loved the track ball feature since my first ThinkPad. The new one has a track ball function as well as the finger mouse. I sometimes let my hand rest on the finger mouse pad or the right or left buttons. This often results in unplanned and unexpected results. I just need to be more careful with my hands. It is part of the learning process for me.

Teaching
My Thursday class was a bit of a disappointment for me. My students never arrive on time. They finally showed up and I went over the final examination with them. They all ought to do very well on the examination.

It is now about 7:15 PM here. The students have until midnight to turn in all of their assignments and projects for the class. Like my Saturday class, it will be difficult to pass the course without completing the assignments. I hope that none of them are expecting me to extent the time limit for submitting the assignments because I won’t do that. They have known since the first day of class when the assignments are due.

For some reason, I do not feel badly about the prospect of failing more than one student in the class.

I got my tentative teaching assignment for the next term today.

I am scheduled to teach four classes and no Saturday classes. I am going to teach Accounting I on Monday night; I won’t have to create lesson plans for this class. All I will have to do is change the due dates on the assignments and I can use the outline from the current term.

The other classes are all new ones to me. I am scheduled to teach Introduction to Project Management on Tuesday nights; Business Law and Regulation on Wednesday mornings; and Consumer Behavior on Friday mornings. I am really excited about the business Law and Regulation and Consumer Behavior courses. They should be a lot of fun for me. I think the Project Management course ought to be a good one for me as well.

There is a strong possibility that my current Thursday morning class will be the Wednesday morning class for me. At least, I will know the students names when class starts.

Lunch with Vivian and Lisa
I am going to have lunch with my friend Vivian in June, after I go to Atlanta to see the Princess. This is something we do a couple of times a year. We will meet on a Sunday since that days tends to work best for both of us.

We have a favorite restaurant that is sort of halfway between our two houses. We also love the food, especially the Avocado, Bacon, Cheese, and Chicken egg rolls. Vivian loves the Poke Martini which is a large martini glass that is filled with raw fresh fish and then covered with a poke sauce.

One of the other co-workers from the old office may join us for lunch in June. That would be great to see the two of them.

We have to wait until June because they are going to Cannes Film Festival for work. I wish I could find a job like Vivian and Lisa. Then, when they return, I am off to Atlanta to see the Princess.

It all makes sense to me.

Woman of the Moment
I enjoyed seeing Ryoko Shinohara in Bad Luck Bride which is why she is here as the Woman of the Moment. This is an eclectic collection of images tonight.




Stop bye over the weekend for the new Weekend Bonus Feature Woman.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home