Monday, September 17, 2007

Is Summer Over Now?

Is Summer Over Now?
Maybe yes.

It was cooler over the weekend but of course that may have just been all of the UCLA fans crying and drowning their sorrow after their team’s dreadful loss to our Utes on Saturday. Gloating over the victory is so much fun for the Princess and me.

The road in front of the building is about finished. The construction crew was out on Friday with the painting machines and just about completed all of the lane stripe painting. I think they can finish off with the crosswalks and the left turn lanes today. It will be very nice to have the project completed finally.

When I drive to school in the mornings, the sun is in my face. I am facing to the east. It seems to me that the sun has always risen in the east and it is always bright and fiery. Early in the morning, it is particularly difficult to see, looking to the east, because the sun is so low on the horizon.

So why do drivers have such a hard time driving east when I do?

I would hope that they would have learned by now to wear sunglasses the way professional drivers, like police officers and truckers, do. It is not too difficult a task to master. I think I learned how to drive with sunglasses on in less than five minutes. It is easy and safe

Safety, what a concept for drivers to follow.

I think we could improve the vehicle driving gene pool by taking those drivers who do not wear sunglasses out of it. We could avoid stupid accidents that happen because people can not see other vehicles around. I saw that accident happen on Thursday on my way to school.

Last week, I had thirty four students on my roster. I wonder how many I will have in class tonight.

Woman of the Moment
I have one of those “inquiring minds want to know” questions today about the current Woman of the Moment, Mary Castro.

According to her biography on her web site, and I am assuming she put up only information that was correct, Mary is 67 inches – 170 centimeters tall. That is on the tall side for a woman, maybe not tall enough for a woman’s basketball team but taller than most women.

Why does Mary continue to wear platform shoes that seem to anywhere between 4 to 6 inches – 10 to 15 centimeters to her height?

Inquiring minds want to know.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home