Monday, December 10, 2007

Living in Southern California

Living in Southern California
One of the great things about living in Southern California is how great the views are after a rainstorm. All of the gunk is washed out of the air and you can see for sixty miles or more, assuming you are high enough to see that far.

Yesterday was one of the after the rainstorm days here. I could clearly see Saddleback Mountain which must sixty miles or more away from my flat. I could also see our local mountains that had a nice blanket of snow. Most of the snow will be gone in a few days. In the meantime, it is very nice to look at.

Holiday Desserts
Doug and his mother love pumpkin pies with lots of whipped cream. I don’t. But, this is another of the great reasons to live in the United States of America. We have freedom of choice and that applies to Holiday Desserts.

Since the Princess and the Golfer won’t be visiting Southern California this Christmas, I will not have to make a trip to the Cheesecake Factory and pick up the Princess’ traditional holiday dessert. She loves the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake. I suppose it has a ginormous amount of calories.

I have a pumpkin pie for Doug and his mother. I am somewhat of a traditionalist and I love to have a mince pie. I am the only one in the family who likes a mince pie. This is nice in the days after Thanksgiving or Christmas for me.

I had gone to my local markets over the weekend to pick up a frozen mince pie for Christmas dinner; obviously, this was an important search for me. I went to three markets and I couldn’t find one mince pie. I made up my mind to go to a local restaurant that features pies and pick up a mince pie on my way home from class on the 22nd. True, I might, just might you understand, be tempted to sample the pie once or twice before Christmas dinner.

Doug called me this morning to see how things were with me. I was fine. We got to talking about Christmas dinner. Doug said his mother wanted to bring something. I suggested a mince pie since I had everything except the fresh vegetables and turkey. Doug thought would work out fine and said he would tell his mother.

Visitors
I took a look at the last 100 visitors exit pages through Sitemeter. I know what everyone was interested in last week. The most common exit pages were ones that featured images of Sunisa Kim, Aiko Tanaka, and Eiko Koike. Those are excellent exit pages.

Phone Calls
I had a phone call from the Princess yesterday. We had been playing telephone tag for a couple of days. It was good to talk with her. I wanted to bring her up to date on my recovery. She was happy the recovery is going well for me.

Amy the Server called me today. This was the first time that we had spoken in a couple of months, well before the Princess’ wedding and the operation. It was a hurried, let’s get caught up with each other type of phone call since she was calling from work; she manages a fashion boutique in Newport Beach, California. If our schedules mesh and I think they will, we may get together for lunch one day this week or next week. Those are the most likely days to see each other before she leaves for her Christmas vacation in South America.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home