Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Topic Title, My Blog for a Topic Title

A Topic Title, My Blog for a Topic Title
The line or one very close to it worked well for William Shakespeare in Richard III. Fortunately for me, I am no the King of England nor do I have a hunchback.

I was busy and running around yesterday.

I got my hair cut by Amber the Stylist. I think I look good today. I did enjoy her shampoo and neck massage. That was a great way to start out in the late morning. I also enjoyed her hugs. I don’t which I enjoyed more, the shampoo or the hugs.

Doug was with me and met Amber. He thought she was nice but on the short side. Amber is only 61 inches – 155 centimeters tall. Doug is 73 inches – 185 centimeters tall. You can see that there is a considerable height gap here.

We ended up having lunch at Hof’s Hut in Long Beach [Pacific Coast Highway and 2nd Street]. Doug had never been to Hof’s Hut but had heard about it. I had been to this restaurant before but that was maybe thirty years ago. I asked Amber if she would like to join us for lunch. She couldn’t because her lunch break was not until 2:30 PM and I don’t think Doug or I could have waited that long to eat.

I had a traditional turkey club sandwich with French fries while Doug had a bar-be-cued chicken club sandwich with ginormous onion rings. I had dessert because I was looking to suck down some calories. I had what they call a Chocolate Sinful Cake and it was. Doug opted for an Oreo cookie cheesecake. I know he enjoyed his dessert because he had nothing to say until he finished the cheesecake.


Then, we ran some errands.

Doug took his card to the car wash because it was way past due a good cleaning. After that, we went to Target so I could purchase an electric razor. The oncologist wants me to give up my old blade razor while I am undergoing the chemotherapy. The treatment reduces my body’s ability to resist infection. A shaving nick or cut could trigger a bad infection. That made sense to me. I still didn’t like the result. I have been shaving with a blade since I was 17. Yes, I have nicked and cut myself over the years so I guess there is some logic to the electric shaver.

I read the owner’s manual for the electric shaver. I said it might take up to two or three weeks for my face and skin to get used to the new shaver. Crud. That is no good for me. I am used to having a smooth, stubble free face. This is going to take some doing to keep me from reaching for the blade to touch up the spots the electric razor missed.

My class at school went well today. It was an easy lesson plan and I think the students learned something in spite of themselves. Two of the female faculty members thought I looked very handsome today.

Sweet.

After class, I went to the oncology clinic to have my PICC line dressing changed. This something that I could not have done at home if only because I did not have the ability or the required supplies or the knowledge to complete the task. The nurses thought I looked handsome too.

Jennifer, one of the Baby Blues, did not recognize me at first. She said I was all dressed up and asked why. I said that I thought “I should look nice in case I saw her today.” Jennifer giggled. I did take a photo of Jennifer; now, all I need to do is to take one of Glenda and then the story will be complete. Actually, I took five shots until Jennifer accepted this one. She is a difficult woman to please I guess.


Doug hadn’t seen me until I got home. I left early in the morning for school and he had been out late last night. Doug said that “I was dressing like George Clooney in MICHAEL CLAYTON.” I suppose that I did have a passing resemblance to the Michael Clayton character. He took a photo of me and said he was going to put it in his Flicker page.


Doug went out to dinner with a friend so I went to El Gringo by myself. I saw Merit the Server as I pulled into the parking lot. This was going to be a good dinner. I walked in and Merit saw me.

“Chuck!”

“Merit! You’re back.” It was nice to see Merit again.

I ended up with a grilled mahi mahi burrito with an Arnold Palmer to drink. I only had four or five taco chips. I wasn’t able to finish the burrito; it was more than a full meal for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home