Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another Great Day For Me

Happy Birthday – Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States and great American

Another great day for me
Today was a great day for me.

I had a good day in class today. All of my students were in class today so I didn’t have to phone them. We had a good discussion on ethics and human resources management. I was also a nice instructor and went over today’s homework assignment and gave them my thoughts on how to address the questions posed by the case study.

After class was over, I spoke to the associate dean about my tentative teaching schedule for the next term that begins in March. He has me set to teach four classes including two that I have taught before. One of the classes is on Monday night and that is fine with me. I won’t be missing any American football on television. I am scheduled for two classes on Saturday. I’m not sure how I like that. It does sort of put a real crimp in any non-school plans for eleven weeks for Saturdays.

Overall, I am very happy with the schedule outcome, tentative and iffy as it may be now.

I got a phone call from Natalie the Receptionist at Molly Moon Salon. She was calling to remind me that I had an appointment for a haircut tomorrow with Amber the Stylist. I said that I knew and that I was looking forward to seeing both of them tomorrow.

Natalie the Receptionist is always a pleasure to talk to.

On my way home from school, I stopped at a watch store in the Del Amo Mall in Torrance. I had wandered into the store when I was shopping for St. Valentine’s Day cards and for some birthday cards. I wanted to see if they could fix my old pocket watch.

I picked up the pocket watch for not very much money when the good ship Leonard F Mason pulled into Hong Kong in November 1967. I wanted to get a pocket watch because I didn’t want to ruin my good Rolex watch. Some of my duties on the Mason had me getting soaked in salt water, covered with black oil, lubricating fluids, and jet fuel, and being tossed about when the ship pitched as she made her way through the seas.

Anyway.

A bunch of years ago, the Princess or Doug over wound the mainspring so that the watch wouldn’t work any more, it would not run. The watch was also very dirty so I was interested in having the mainspring fixed and the watch the cleaned. I also wanted to be able to wear because I wanted to hang my honor society key from the watch chain.

After explaining my situation to the store clerk, I handed her the watch. She opened it and said it was running now.

This was a very big surprise for me.

She reset the watch and asked me to wait for a few minutes to see if the watch could keep time. I waited ten minutes; actually, I went to the card store next door and picked up some more cards.

The watch had kept perfect time while I was gone. The clerk had been able to wind the watch. I guess I had somehow jarred the jammed mainspring sometime this morning.

I left the watch with the clerk and asked to have it cleaned. I told the clerk that I was not in any hurry to have the watch cleaned. She said she would call me when it is ready.

Doug’s friend Natalie
I got a call from Doug this afternoon as I was fixing my lunch. He said he had a text message from his friend Natalie [I’m not sure if this is the way she spells her name]. Natalie also reads the blog so she knows about my last round of ice cream indulgence with Doug in tow last month.

Natalie said that I should go check out a new ice cream store in Redondo Beach called Ice Pan. She said it provides healthy, low fat, low calorie, low sodium, low cholesterol ice cream. Doug said I ought to check the web site out.

Ice Pan’s big marketing hook is that the ice cream is made fresh when you order the ice cream cone. They give you a choice of milk, all the way from whole milk to soy milk. There are ten flavors of ice cream and fifteen flavors of topping. Ice Pan offers both chocolate and coffee flavored ice cream and chocolate chip toppings; I’m going to be there with Doug.

I will probably order the ice cream to be made with whole milk because the key reason for me to eat ice cream now is the calories in the serving. Chemotherapy patients tend lose weight and a desire to eat. Ice cream helps with the weight loss and almost everyone I know likes ice cream so that makes it easier for us to want to eat.

Thanks Natalie.

Faline Song
Faline Song is my favorite Woman of the Moment so here we have some Faline images. This is a nice way to end the blog.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home