Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ice Pan

Ice Pan
Doug and I went to the Ice Pan for a chocolate ice cream in a cup with chocolate chips added to it for me. Nothing like going for the good stuff.

This is really good stuff. I really enjoyed my ice cream. Doug had some banana ice cream with pineapple topping. It looked really good; he said it was when he finished his cup. The store is located at 623 North Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach. The company’s web site is http://www.icepanusa.com. There is another new Ice Pan in West Hollywood at 7100 Santa Monica Boulevard, Unit 135.

The ice cream is made be freezing the milk on a highly chilled steel pan. Then, it is scraped together and needed until it reaches the desired consistency. I had my chocolate chips mixed in with the ice cream. Next time, I think I will be happy with them being poured on top of the ice cream.


Doug didn't get out of the picture frame in time.




This is Doug's banana ice cream with pineapple topping.

Amber the Stylist and Natalie the Receptionist
Today was my haircut day.

Since my appointment was for 12:30 PM, I didn’t bother Amber with an appointment reminder. I assumed that she would be awake and at work by then. I was correct; Amber was there, waiting for me. This appointment marked my one year anniversary of having Amber cut my hair.


Amber gave me a hug when I gave her the St. Valentine’s Day card and candy. She liked the personalization on the Dove milk chocolate wrappers. I’m pretty sure Amber liked the candy; she quickly consumed one of the candies. Amber was not optimistic that the candy would last very long.

I think she is right.

I also had a card and box candy for Natalie the Receptionist. This is Natalie.


Natalie gave me a hug when I stopped by where she worked in the Molly Moon Salon. I was not surprised when neither Natalie nor Amber was interested in reading the food nutrition label.

I really like Natalie. She has the most intriguing voice. I think I could listen to her for hours on end.

Well, maybe, if I had enough time, maybe a lot of time, to think about the premise of listening to Natalie, I could probably find at least one situation where I might want to revise my earlier thinking.

I spoke to Amber about my impression that my hair had not grown as much as it had in the past. She ran her fingers through my hair and agreed with me. My hair is thinning somewhat now, probably from the chemotherapy. Amber said that my hair seemed thinner but that it had good texture and body.

Amber told me that she caught up on reading the blog. She said she told Natalie so I assume that she has read or will read the blog.

Maybe I will be able to keep my hair. If my hair starts to fall out, a likely possibility from the chemotherapy, I told Amber that I would let her be the one to shave my head. I’m not going to wear a wig or have a really cheesy comb over.

Since my hair had not grown as much as usual, I asked Amber to give me a trip around the ears. When I go back in a month or so, my hair should be longer and at a length that I want.

That’s something to look forward to for me.

Faline Song
Amber asked me about the Woman of the Moment feature. She remembered reading in the blog somewhere that I was dropping the feature. I said that I was merely appealing to the blog readers. Most of them come to the blog for the Woman of the Moment feature. In the January evaluation period, the top three or four blog pages were ones that featured one of three women.





I said that since this is my blog, I got to make exceptions to my rule. This is why I am currently featuring Faline as the Woman of the Moment. Faline has been the only Woman of the Moment to have ever sent me about posting her images. Faline liked what I had said about her.

You have to like a woman for that.

Of course, there have been some Women of the Moment where I do not expect any comment. Some of them, like the Hankook Tire Girls or any number of Asian actresses and models, probably do not read English so the blog would not be of any interest to them.

Oh well, life happens.



Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home