Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Feeling Crummy

Feeling Crummy
I’ve been feeling crummy the last couple of days, mostly since I had my last infusion of the chemotherapy drug on Friday. I didn’t have the energy to write a blog posting. Things will be better next week.

One of the reasons that I was feeling crummy was that it was cooler than usual and my fingers were numb whenever I took them out of my pockets or out from under my underarms. The cold is a real killer for me right now.

I came home from the clinic and tried to take a nap after lunch. I couldn’t nap; I sort of tossed around a lot. I had better luck napping after my Saturday morning class.

Sunday was an epic day for sleeping for me. I picked up about ten hours of sleep overnight and then I took another nap for about two or three hours. Surprisingly, I had no trouble falling asleep Sunday night.

When I came home from the hospital after the operation, my surgeon, Dr. Aileen Takahashi, recommended that I take some Advil PM to help me sleep. She also gave me prescription for Vicodin. I first started out with a full dose of Advil, two pills. Then, I reduced the dose to only one pill. I don’t think I have taken an Advil in maybe three weeks now and I sleep very well.

I didn’t see any of the Baby Blues when I went in for a dressing change in Friday. I usually go in for a change on Thursday so I seem to have a better chance of seeing them then. I went in on Friday for the change because I had to go to the clinic for the infusion.

I spent close to five hours with the infusion process on Friday. I did get a lot of reading completed on Friday.

Mostly, it is all about waiting. I learned how to wait when I was in the United States Navy and serving on board the good ship USS Leonard F. Mason. The Navy is an excellent place to learn how to wait and to develop patience.

Doug finally got his wifi hook-up for his wireless modem working at his mother’s house over the weekend. He said he planned to stay behind the Orange Curtain this week as he worked on his web site writing. I think he will be back up towards the end of next week when I have my appointment with the oncologists. I really do appreciate that Doug has been here for me when I needed help some help when I came home the hospital in October.

Visitors
I haven’t paid much attention to my visitors over the weekend. The visitor tracking got caught up in my lack of energy.

We had visitors from Texas [4], Brazil [3], Turkey [2], Iran, Japan [6], Germany [6], Sweden [3], Canada [5], Austria [2], Thailand, Switzerland [3], United Kingdom, Singapore, Greece, Malaysia [2], France [4], Australia [2], Azerbaijan, China [2], Saudi Arabia, Belgium [2], Netherlands [2], Spain [2], Taiwan, Latvia, Poland, and Romania.

I think this is the first time we have had a visitor from Azerbaijan to the blog.

I don’t think we had any visitors who stopped by and stayed around for a while. Of course, I could have missed several visitors because of the lack of energy.

Woman of the Moment Encore
I’m not sure how many more images that I have left for Aiko Tanaka to post. I am certain that I will be shifting to Sunisa Kim before too many more days.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home