Monday, April 14, 2008

Let Down Today

Let down today
I sort of had a let down today. This will be a short post as a result of me feeling tired and crummy. I am still bothered by a slight sense or feeling of exhaustion. I hope it will go away soon, maybe by the end of the week.

My morning class went well today. It is a class of only nine students so I run it more as a seminar as opposed to a straight lecture. The school had a meeting or presentation on some changes to our 401(k) plan. The presentation lasted longer than it should have taken; there was one instructor who asked really stupid questions just to hear his own voice. I think he made a complete ass of himself. I didn’t get home until a little after 2:00 PM.

I thought about hopping in bed for a quick nab to refresh myself. No chance of that. The city or rather the city’s contractor started repaving work on the road in front of my building. The workers removed the top level of asphalt with a large grinder and now they are using pneumatic hammers to further break up some of the paving or concrete work. Fortunately, the work will only last a week; not like the other construction project that went on for months and months.

When I got home, I found I had three messages on my phone. This was unusual because I can go for a month without a message on the home phone. I get messages all of the time on the cell phones. One was the regular check-in call from Doug. The other two calls were from one of the department head at school and were unintelligible.

I phoned the department head back because I thought he was calling me to ask me to fill in as a substitute instructor. He was calling to see if I wanted to fill in on two Saturday afternoons for a class that I have taught before. I told him that I could work on one Saturday but that I would be out of town on the other Saturday. He was happy that I could help him out with half of his problem.

I got a phone call on the cell phone while I was in the presentation. I didn’t recognize the Area Code of 845 at all beyond the point that it wasn’t a local area code. I checked it out when I got home and fond it was for New York State.

Fortunately, the caller left a message. The caller was a recruiter who wanted to talk to me about a banking job in Salt Lake City. I could work in Salt Lake City very easily; I spent four years there in college and still have a great many friends who live there today. I will phone him in the morning and learn more about the job.

Maybe I will be moving to Salt Lake City soon or maybe not.

Woman of the Moment Encore
I thought last night’s images were particularly good ones even if they were two years old. We should exhaust the limited supply of photos of Sunisa this week and then the Woman of the Moment will go dark until this time next year. I am thinking of making the Encore a regular annual feature.




Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home