Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Update - April 13th

Weekend Update – Busted Plans
This was a sort of busted week for me.

This last round of chemotherapy seemed to knock me off of my feet. I had less energy than I have had after previous treatment sessions. I also lacked some focus in my activities and was not as alert as I should have been.

It was very cool for the first part of the week and I was overly sensitive to the cold. I think the cooler temperature helped to drain my energy.
By the weekend, things warmed up considerably. I talked to Doug on Saturday; he was behind the Orange Curtain at his mother’s house. He said it was “909 hot.” That is bad.

I had planned to go to Giuliano’s and pick up a sandwich for my lunch. On my way home, I decided to change first and put on some shorts. This was the first time that I have worn shorts since before the operation in October. My plan was to have lunch and then go out on the balcony and read in the afternoon sun while I sipped on a cold Heineken’s beer.

Excellent.

Lucy talked me into a pastrami sandwich with potato salad as a lunch idea. I also picked up some semi-sweet chocolate chip cookies as well. That sounded like an excellent idea to me.

I thought that a Heineken’s would be a good way to wash the sandwich down. This was a bad idea for me because it led to a busted plan.

I planned to go out on the balcony and read after lunch. Instead, I feel asleep after lunch and was woken by a shrill woman who was yelling during a commercial from a car dealer. This is not the best way to wake up for me. I got up from the couch and went in the bedroom and took a further nap.

So much for reading on the balcony.

That also affected my plans to grade papers and then read on the balcony on Sunday. I only graded papers on the balcony.

I forgot to have breakfast on Saturday so I decided to get a candy bar at school to hold me over until lunch. I picked out a Butterfinger because I happen to like them. I noticed the price had dropped back to the old USD$0.75 from USD$1.00. The vending company also shrunk the size of the bar.

Why did that not surprise me?

I put my money and pushed the buttons. For a moment, it looked like the machine wasn’t going dispense my candy bar.

It pushed out two candy bars so that made me feel really good. Life as a way of balancing things out in the end.

Visitors
This was an unusual week in that we had no visitors stay for a long time. It is highly possible that I may have missed one or more of the long term visitors with my erratic checking of the visitor logs.

We had visitors from Canada [17], Italy [6], Switzerland, France [7], Brazil, Japan [5], Mexico [2], Poland, Germany [7], Greece, Australia, Belgium, Thailand, United Kingdom [4], Iran, Malaysia [3], Qatar, Brunei Darussalam, Spain [2], Texas [3], Latvia, Singapore, Ireland, Norway, Korea, Philippines, and China.

This was the first time we have had a visitor from Brunei Darussalam.

I do appreciate all of you who took time from your days or nights to visit the blog

Woman of the Moment Encore
I have a few more images of Sunisa Kim left to post during the Woman of the Moment Encore event. I think I will have enough to last through the week.






Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home