Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Oh Happy Day
I was going to title this blog Feeling Crummy – Part 2. But, that was before I went to the clinic for my weekly dressing change.

The Baby Blues Are Back
The Baby Blues changed my dressing today and that was just great for me. Glenda and Jennifer are my favorite nurses; I’ve told them so before and again today.

Jennifer was the one who changed my dressing today. She was surprised at how much tape the last nurse had used on me. She went out of her way to use as little tape as possible. It felt so, so great when she rubbed my skin that had been under the tape for a week. It had been itchy for a couple of days at least.

Glenda smiled more today than I can recall at other time. I think she colored her hair or maybe lightened it is a better choice of words. I like the new Glenda look.

We talked about their work to place the PICC line in my arm back in January. Normally, this procedure lasts about thirty minutes. It took them close to ninety minutes to get it in place. I want the record to show that I was fully cooperative at all times. I had to be cooperative because I was flat on my back on a hospital bed while Glenda and Jennifer struggled with my arm and its uncooperative veins.

This was when Jennifer tried to help get the PICC line in place by massaging my chest. That was better than a girl friend because Glenda and Jennifer are both attractive and intelligent and they also know how to take of a person with cancer like me.

The only sad parts about the dressing change this morning was that it was over so fast and I didn’t bring my camera and Doug wasn’t with me. Today would have been a great day for a photo of the Baby Blues. Jennifer finished me up in about five minutes.

I think this was mostly my fault because I am overly cooperative with the Baby Blues as compared to the other nurses. I do like the other nurses and chat with them. I just like the Baby Blues more.

I ended the dressing change with a hug from Glenda and Jennifer.

Perfectomundo.

That was the perfect way to start the day.

Dinner with Merit
Today is Thursday so that means it is Dinner with Merit at El Gringo.

I don’t actually have dinner with Merit because she is the server at El Gringo on Thursday nights. It would be impossible for her to sit down and spend an entire meal with me.

I had a chicken tostado for dinner tonight. It was mostly lettuce and cheese with shredded chicken with sour cream, guacamole, and refried beans. It was a very filling meal and I enjoyed it. Like most of my meals at El Gringo since starting chemotherapy they have been too much food for me. I ended up taking home about half of the tostado. Tonight was no different for me.

Merit did spend more time talking to me than she has in recent weeks. This was a function of going to dinner early and having a small crowd in the restaurant. Mostly, we talked about her life and how I am doing with my cancer.

Merit was wearing a halter top night so I had a chance to see part of one her tattoos on her lower back. I think it looks good on Merit because she is like so many young women in Southern California. Merit tans all year long and looks very good as a golden brown woman.

Perfectomundo.

This was a perfect way to book-end my day; first the Baby Blues and then concluding with Merit.

What else I did today
I didn’t do much else today. I finished my sudoku after I came home from the clinic and read the newspaper.

After lunch, I tried to read a new Star Wars book. I started to fall asleep so I decided to take a nap instead. My nap lasted about two hours and that was good.

Woman of the Moment Encore
Tonight, we start Sunisa Kim’s time as the Woman of the Moment Encore featured model. I found Sunisa Kim on the late and great Speed Options web site. Sunisa has a web site, http://sunisakim.com.

I am not certain the web site is functioning properly. I tried to visit the site, so I could verify its existence and functionality so I could save my readers any difficulty. I was only able to download about 40% of the content before I signed off and went to the BBC web site. It was taking longer to download and view than it took for me to download the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 release and that download was over 430 MB of data.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home