Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend Update - Memorial Day Weekend

Weekend Update – Memorial Day Weekend
If you enjoyed your freedom this weekend, be sure to thank an American veteran for all of your freedoms. Veterans have made the sacrifices that were necessary to preserve your freedom.

Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men and women then they.


Programming Notes
This is Memorial day Weekend so my regular post will be on Monday, schedules permitting for me.

This is almost quarter break for me and I do intend to enjoy it to the fullest. I will be taking a vacation at home, going to the beach, catching up on my movie viewing. This all means that my postings will decline.

Next weekend, I will be going to Seattle to see the Princess and the Golfer. I will be posting on Monday after I am back at the beach. Or not; I may just spend some time in the sun instead.

Visitors
We had visitors from Texas [9], United Kingdom [7], Germany [5], Canada [16], Italy [3], Romania, Qatar, Japan [10], Korea [2], Indonesia, Australia [5], Lithuania, France [5], United Arab Emirates [2], Taiwan [3], Brazil [2], Iran [3], Singapore [2], Philippines [2], Ireland, Thailand, Portugal, Turkey [2], Macedonia, Belgium, Egypt, Kuwait, Greece, Israel, Croatia, Finland, Mexico, Bangladesh, and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I do appreciate all of you who took time from your days or nights to visit the blog.

Odds and Ends and Other Errata
Last weekend, it was a wonderful time to live at the beach. It was warm and sunny; just absolutely perfect for me. unfortunately, I spent most of the great weather grading papers from my writing classes.

On Thursday, we had tornados in Southern California that blew some freight cars off of their tracks; roofs were blown off. There was snow on mountains and down into the foothills. I had to go to a school meeting; my Pathfinder was being pushed across the freeway traffic lanes in the winds and rain. It rained off and on for most of the weekend.

Why don’t drivers from out of town bother to read a paper before they sit behind a steering wheel? I was behind two Asian American women from Northern California on Thursday as I drove out to the school meeting. They were busy talking about God knows what when it came time to enter the freeway. The woman drove slowly and failed rather poorly to accelerate and merge into the traffic.

These stupid women got off at the next exit. What were they using for brains?

I had the same experience on Saturday when I went out to school for my last class of the term. Maybe this driving difficulty is growing.

I talked to my tailor from Hong Kong, Andy Sippy, over the weekend. He was calling back to confirm our appointment next Friday. Friday will be busy for me with a visit to the oncologist and then Andy and then pack for the trip to Seattle.

Andy suggested that Doug bring along a suit that he likes so Andy can get an idea of what styles might work well for Doug. I mentioned this to Doug when called me on Saturday evening. After a short pause, Doug said he didn’t like any of his suits. I urged him to give some thought to what he would like in a suit.

The Princess forwarded me an email from her friend Maggie. Maggie is hiking in the Susan G. Koman for the Cure 3 Day Walk in Atlanta. Although the Princess didn’t ask me to contribute, I did anyway since Maggie is a fun person and she was a bride’s maid at the Princess’ Wedding.

Besides, I always want to encourage everyone to take long hikes like I did when I was in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.

I got my invitation to my high school class’ 45th Reunion this week to be held in July. 45th Reunion, man, I’m getting really old now. The tickets are USD$100 per person so we ought to have some good food to eat.

The price of the tickets got me to thinking. I can easily afford the ticket so I will be going; besides I want to show off a much slimmer and healthier me to my single female classmates. If one of the single females shows up on her own, she is either well off and therefore worth checking out or she is looking for a single guy and that could be me.

It does make an element of sense since we have a lot in common starting off with spending four years in high school together. We are of an age that has put all sorts of games behind us.

All in all, it should be fun and may have more to offer in the future.

Time will tell how everything will turn out.


That was my weekend. I hope you weekend was memorable and fun.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home