Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Odds and Ends

Odds and Ends
Holmes was right about the email. But, of course, he would be right. Holmes is the world’s finest consulting detective. I was able to send my email and it was apparently delivered.

I spoke with the Associate Dean this morning about my teaching schedule for the next term. He said that it was fairly set in my case. There are some other programs that do not affect me and are still up in the air because of teachers leaving the school. It looks like I will be teaching Written Analysis and Composition II for the third consecutive quarter; no new lecture notes there. I will be teaching Fundamentals of Tax Preparation for the third time. I don’t think I will have to worry about new lecture notes since Congress hasn’t messed with the tax codes.

It looks like I will have two new business classes and new lecture notes to prepare. One course is Managing Corporate and Virtual Teams and the other is Project Management Techniques. I ran into a couple of my former students today and they both said that I was going to be their teacher in the two new classes. I have had the students in four or five classes before so there will be no need for class or instructor introductions.

I haven’t had too much desire to cook my dinners since I started the chemotherapy regime and because I live alone. Doug talked me into to cooking again so I would eat healthier. I had some Dover sole that I sautéed with lemon and lime juice and some sun dried tomatos and my gringo rice. The meal tasted very nice.

On my way home from school, I swung by my local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for an ice blended drink to have while I worked on the daily sudoku puzzle after lunch. It was fairly decent although I felt it was over mixed because the ice had melted more than I would have liked.

Blood Test
I had a blood test on Tuesday. I look upon these events as being necessary evils or at least painful punctures of my arm.

It also seems that I have become someone the staff recognizes. I find that to be fascinating because so many people go in and out of the facility on a daily basis.

The security officer at the front door has remembered me and Doug from our trips there every three weeks during chemotherapy sessions and oncology visits. She asked where my backup [that would be Doug] was. I said I was only there for a bleeding and a blood test and that I would be back on Friday with my backup.

I had new staffer draw my blood. I asked if she could take the blood from my left arm because it seemed easier for the staff to find and hit one of my veins. She said that she recognized me from before and that my left arm was fine with her. She was able to hit the vein and I filled the vials up quickly.

I wonder how she knew or remembered me. Maybe I am a nice person who is cheerful and friendly and polite and not a sour puss or angry at the world.

Dinner with Merit
Dinner with Merit was sort of a bust on Tuesday. El Gringo was crowded when I arrived. I was surprised because I thought everyone would be home watching the Olympics telecast. I was wrong.

Merit was working by herself so she was running around all night long. Her assistant who cleans the empty tables and sometimes brings the meals arrived as I was leaving. Our conversation consisted of my order for dinner and a statement that I was happy and well. Hopefully my dinner next week will be better.

I do need to rethink my Dinner with Merit schedule since I am scheduled to teach a class on Tuesday nights. That should not be too difficult for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home