Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dinner with Merit

Dinner with Merit
I had dinner with Merit last night at El Gringo. I sat at an inside table; it was warm enough to eat outside but I didn’t want to share part of the evening with small children.


Merit greeted me with, “Where were you last week Charles?”

Some of the customers looked at me and probably wondered what Merit was talking about since we don’t look like we are related.

I explained to Merit that the school called a special staff meeting for last Tuesday and they served some cheesy pizzas. Merit said she understood asked how I liked the pizza. I said that I would have preferred to have had dinner with her instead.

I suppose that I could have skipped the pizza slices at school and driven to El Gringo for dinner with Merit. Driving to El Gringo would have resulted in fresher and hotter food for my dinner plus I would have had some conversation with Merit.

Merit and I talked about what we did over the weekend. I graded papers. Merit spent the weekend at the beach; she looked significantly tanner last night.

I suppose there were some other things going on in my life but they seem to have slipped past my mind.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home