Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Weekend Residue

Weekend Residue
This is mostly stuff and things that got omitted for whatever reason from the Sunday Weekend Update. I can’t get everything into one posting; that, plus it gives me something to say on Tuesday.

When I had my colonoscopy on Friday, the nurses hooked me up to heart monitor. It was nice to see that I still had a heart after all of the years working as a loan officer. They removed all of the sensors when I was finished.

Nice.

When I had my emergency, the nurses hooked up to the heart monitor again. I think they used the “it will stick to the patient forever” sensors. When everything was finished, the nurses simply pulled the wires out of the sensors and, then, they disappeared. I guess they were hungry since it was lunch time.

I suppose it was too much to expect county paid nurses to exhibit any care or concern for their patients.

I spent Friday and Saturday discovering where they had placed the sensors and then slowly removing them so I wouldn’t suffer too much when they pulled some hair off with them.

I received an online survey form today. I participate in a couple of online survey programs. I logged onto the survey site only discover that the site would not accommodate any operating system higher than Windows 98 and any browser that was not Internet Explorer 5.0.

Do you know anyone who is still using Windows 98?

I certainly do not.

Anyway.

My Brother called to talk to me about the colonoscopy. He shared my pleasure with the results of the test. He also said that my nephew had found a job in Seattle, doing something he really likes, that is only a mile from his apartment.

My Brother also said that he had visited defamer.com and read some of Doug’s postings. He said they brought a smile to his face.

Cool.

Tomorrow, the Prelude will turn over 350,000 miles just after I leave the flat on my way to school. I don’t think I will be able to take any photos of the odometer rolling over. I think I’ll wait for the 400,000 mile mark for the next photo.

Dinner with Merit
hI went to El Gringo for dinner as usual. Merit the Server was working but she was very busy tonight.

I had a new dish tonight. It was four small chicken tacos. I really liked the meal; it was not as large as the regular meals at El Gringo so I could finish it and not feel as filled up as I used to be with the normal meals. I think I will have the tacos with pork next week.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home