Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Update - August 10th

Weekend Update
This was one of those slow blog weekends for me.

I know that I was supposed to post on Friday. I got caught up in a professional football game that featured my sometimes beloved Oakland Raiders. Granted, it was a preseason game. The Raiders still prevailed against their cross bat rival, the San Francisco 49ers. The final score was Raiders 18 and the 49ers 6. After the game was over, I went to bed.

It was just as well that I went to bed because I had nothing to say on Friday.


I did some laundry today. This is one of the parts of living alone that could be improved upon for me. It does feel good to know that I have clean clothes to wear.

My new suits arrived from Hong Kong. Doug thought they looked very sharp and he almost agreed with me that one of the suits could pass for something Michal Clayton might have worn. I am almost looking forward to going back to wearing suits at school when the Fall Term starts in September.

On Thursday, I traded a class with my friend David Freed. I gave up a Composition I course, a course I have never taught before, in exchange for a State and Local Government, a course that I am teaching two sections this term. This was an even up trade since the classes were at the same time and on the same day. I think the State and Local Government course is the easier of the two to teach.

I think my schedule should be finalized next week. If things work out for me with the schedule, I may sign up for a post-MBA course for my professional development. The course would also make me eligible to teach another course or two.

My Acquaintance and the Mysterious Email
An acquaintance of mine from school gave me her email address last week. She will not be returning to school to teach because she has other activities that will take all of her time. I decided to send her an email with the blog URL so she could see what passes for drama in my life and, of course, to exchange my email address as well.

My acquaintance also invited me to the opening of her new frozen yogurt and ice cream store. I could never turn down an invitation to a new ice cream store. I do hope the store will have chocolate ice cream.

I was surprised when the email bounced back to me. Her email service said that her account did not exist.

Strange indeed; I’m certain that Holmes, being Holmes, would be able to deduce something remarkable and uncanny from the returned email.

Amber the Stylist
I received an email from Amber the Stylist over the weekend. She has a new permanent location that appears, at least from my maps, a much better location than the temporary location and in the same general area as her old location. I think the new location is within walking distance of a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf store.

Perfectomundo.

Once my teaching schedule is finalized, I ought to be able to make an appointment to have Amber cut my hair again.

Then, there is the long term issue of who will cut my hair for me to consider. I believe that Amber is likely to move on to another career in the next six to nine months. One does not go to college for four years and earn a degree and not pursue a career in the new field of endeavor.
That would be the logical decision.

Visitors
We had another great week for visitors. The traffic pattern shifted back to where the majority of the blog visitors [55%] came from overseas; overseas includes Canada and Mexico by the way. Foreign nations are listed in the order that I record them and not necessarily by volume. I also miss some foreign visitor traffic because sitemeter.com only provides information on the last 100 visitors and some may lip bye my notice.

We had visitors from Sweden [4], Vietnam [6], Hungary [2], New Zealand, Brazil [6], Poland [4], Portugal [2], Texas [7], Germany [14], Turkey [7], Canada [14], Belgium [3], France [14], United Kingdom [11], Italy [3], Malaysia [4], Argentina, Indonesia [9], Australia [5], United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Japan [10], Netherlands [8], Korea [6], Singapore [7], Philippines, Mexico [5], Egypt [3], Norway [2], Austria [2], China [4], Israel [3], Panama, Thailand [4], Honduras, Finland, Slovakia, Iran, Peru, Macau, Venezuela, Russia, Spain [3], Chile [2], Colombia [3], Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Ireland, and Bulgaria.

I do appreciate all of you who took time to visit the blog.

With the 2008 Olympics just beginning, I am expecting a fall off in blog traffic over the next two weeks or however long the event takes. The blog and I will survive during the Olympics since it only happens once every four years.


I hope you had a great weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home