Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Surprises

More Surprises
Doug stopped by last night instead of showing up on Wednesday. His arrival was motivated by the impending loss of Internet connections because of cable company repair work. He needs the Internet for his work and Dad’s Internet was working just fine although it is slower than a cable modem.

I got an email from Amber the Stylist last night around 10:00 PM. Actually, Amber sent the email much earlier. I was involved with the series premiere of the Science Fiction Channel series EUREKA last night.

Amber said that, as of July 29th, she was no longer associated with the Molly Moon Salon. I knew that Amber would be leaving the salon and hair cutting business in the near future because she will be graduating from college in September. I was under the impression that Amber would be cutting hair for a couple of months until she found a new job.

This was a real surprise for me.

This afternoon, I received another email from Amber. She has a temporary location now. I’ve been to the new temporary location when her former salon was remodeled. I don’t particularly care for the new location because parking is poor and the salon is a walk up a steep flight of stairs.

My next appointment with Amber is scheduled for a Tuesday and she is not working on Tuesdays any longer. I guess I will call Molly Moon salon and see what my options are tomorrow.

Programming Note
I may not be posting to the blog as regularly as usual for the next few days because of the colonoscopy on Friday morning. I should be back to what passes for normal by Tuesday of next week.

Dinner with Doug
Doug and I went to the LA Food Show for dinner tonight. We both enjoy the food and service but it is not Morton’s by any stretch of the imagination. The Show was more crowded than it has been in the last few times that we were there.

I tried a new egg roll that features chicken, broiled corn, black beans, onions and cilantro. It was very good and not that spicy. Doug opted for the traditional egg rolls with avocado, bacon, cheese, and chicken instead. The Show has increased the serving size from four to six portions which will make these perfect for when I go to the Show with Lisa and Vivian.

The last time I spoke with my Brother he mentioned going to Denny’s for Patty Melts. He considered the Patty Melt to be a signature meal. I had always thought of Denny’s and breakfast omelets. The Show had a Patty Melt on the menu and I decided to try it. It was good but nothing to write home about. I don’t think my Brother would have given it two thumbs up.

Doug wisely selected the Bar-Be-Qued Bacon Cheeseburger. Judging from how little food was left on his plate at the end of the meal, he really enjoyed it.

We also talked about going to Morton’s for the charity hamburger lunch. We decided to have lunch there on August 17th, all other things and schedules remaining equal and unchanged. It will be a good time to go because it will be right after I see the oncologists.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called, actually she was returning my birthday phone from yesterday, just as we were starting to eat our egg rolls. Sharon said the Show was one of her favorite places to go for food.

Sharon said she would call me later on after dinner. I hope she calls before I go to bed.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home