Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Want to Believe

I Want to Believe
I want to believe; I really do want to believe.

First of all, I am an X-Files fan and have been for some time. Having provided the full and fair disclosure, I will share my comments about the film.

Judging from the box office results according to Doug, USD$10 million for the weekend in the United States was not very good at all. In fact, it was a poor opening. Some studio executive said, “they made the film for the fans,” which sounded like so much panic and desperation.

I think the film lacked the chemistry between Mulder and Scully was a key feature in the first film and television series. I did like Amanda Peet’s performance; she could have helped the franchise by providing a female interest for Mulder after he and Scully discovered they have irreconcilable differences. Regrettably, Peet’s character was killed off in the film.

I can be happy since I saw the film at a bargain matinee and saved a pile of money. The savings paid for my trip to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. I don’t think there will be an X-FILES 3 film so I won’t have to worry about the cost of admission.

Weekend Update
When I was walking back to the Prelude after catching the X-FILES film, I saw a young Asian American, I think, woman who had dyed her hair a reddish purple color. On top of the colored hair, she was also wearing some of those sheepskin boots and a bright floral print dress.

This morning would have been a good day to have my camera with me.

Why would you want to wear sheepskin lined boots in Southern California in the middle of Summer?

It made no sense to me. I’ll accept any and all possible and plausible explanations; even the ones that are deniable. She was not the sort of young woman that you might want to bring home to meet your parents.

Saturday was another music concert day at the temple across the street from where I live. Normally, I am generally music tolerant except for yesterday. Saturday was polka music; not my choice ever. It was warm and sunny so I had my windows open to enjoy the weather. But, with the amplification, I was forced to enjoy the polka music as well.

I went to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for my usual, once a week ice blended drink after watching the X-FILES film. The crew that was working made a perfect drink for me. That was a great way for me to wrap up the middle of the weekend; middle in terms of activities.

I noticed that one of the units on my floor is for sale at USD$419,900. It is smaller than my flat but it does have a better view unless you like sun in the early morning and being close to a very busy street.

Either the owners are getting discouraged or they are selling their units. We only have five units for sale now. This is down from eight in the Spring.

I do feel much better about what my flat is worth; not that I am going to sell it anytime soon and move. That would be silly and foolish of me.

Visitors
This was the first week in this month where we had more domestic viewers than we had foreign viewers. This was a surprise for me.

We had visitors from Italy [4], Canada [25], Portugal [2], France [13], Texas [12], Singapore [7], Germany [10], Japan [10], Finland, Argentina, United Arab Emirates [2], Poland [6], United Kingdom [12], Belgium [3], Taiwan [2], Mexico [9], Spain [3], Australia [3], Egypt, Netherlands, Indonesia [6], Austria, Kuwait, Turkey [4], Hungary [2], Vietnam [5], Venezuela [2], Denmark, Norway, Ecuador, Malaysia [2], India [3], Slovakia, Iran [2], Colombia, Korea [3], Puerto Rico, Bangladesh, Romania [2], Thailand [4], New Zealand, Sweden, French Guiana, Croatia, China, Ireland, and Brazil.

This was the first time that we have had visitors from Bangladesh and French Guiana.

I do appreciate all of the visitors who stop by and visit the blog.


That was my weekend. I hope your weekend was good as well.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home