Thursday, September 11, 2008

More About Me and the Cancer

More About Me and the Cancer
I read another Associated Press report yesterday about cancer operations. The report said that most hospitals do not remove a sufficient amount of lymph nodes as part of a cancer operation. Most operations remove only three or four nodes. Pathologists need a large sample of nodes, usually at least twelve, to determine if the cancer has spread.

I feel good because Dr. Aileen Takahashi took out fourteen nodes for the pathologists to work with. Unfortunately for me, three of the modes had signs of cancer. I am still happy because the cancer does not seem to have spread in my body and I am in a stable condition.

All in all, this isn’t bad for me.

The Moustache
The moustache received more favorable comments at school on Tuesday night and on Wednesday morning. Most of the current and former female students thought it looked cute. I guess that is a good outcome. The male students thought I looked different.

For now, I think I will be keeping it.

Unless, of course, I find a girl friend who doesn’t like it; then, I will probably take it off.

Postings and Yesterday
I didn’t put a posting up yesterday afternoon because I was tired from staying late at school and not getting home until after 11:00 PM and then getting up for an early morning class on Wednesday.

After class yesterday, I drove further behind the Orange Curtain to talk to Doug and to check out his wide screen, high definition television setup. It looked pretty nice and it helped me determine that I only need a 42 inch to 46 inch wide screen television for my flat. I also don’t need the fancy home theater sound system either.

I invited Doug to go to Albertacos for lunch. Doug declined because he still had some work to do for his web site employer. We can always go to Albertacos on another day; any day is a good day for Albertacos.

Since I was well behind the Orange Curtain, I had to take the 405 Freeway home. I spun off of the freeway [gracefully exited the freeway under full control of the Pathfinder] to see if my friend’s frozen yogurt and ice cream store had opened. It was closed, apparently there are still permits to obtain or work to be done yet.

I stopped at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf that Doug goes to when he is up here for a large ice blended drink. This store makes the drink best of all of the other local Coffee Beans.

When I got home yesterday afternoon, I discovered that I had two voice mails from my friend Sharon. I wonder what was on her mind. Oh well, she said that she would call me. I guess I have to wait to find out. I will give her a call on Friday if she doesn’t call today.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home