Sunday, February 01, 2009

Time to Get My Act Together

Time to Get My Act Together
I really need to get organized. I need some order and discipline in my life. Oh, I am organized in some respects; I’m just not as completely organized as I should be.

Anyway; tomorrow is only a day away.

I had another tutoring session today. This was much, much better than the first session. My student is more confident of her work and how she is progressing towards completing. She has about fifteen or sixteen pages completed so far; I offered some suggestions on how she could compress what she has written into a fewer pages. This would be good.

We meet at a local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf because it is convenient and I like the coffee there. Today’s decaffeinated coffee was from Columbia; it was very smooth and rich. It was also perfect with the Dunkers cookies that I brought along. My student loved them and decided to not share any with her boy friend. She said they were too good to waste on him.

Mostly, all we do at these sessions is talk about writing and her project. I felt very good because I was able to bring some insight into the thesis this morning.

Visitor traffic to the blog has fallen off of the cliff. This week, the blog had 46 visitors. Life happens and there is not too much that I can do about the traffic decline. Doug said at lunch today that I shouldn’t worry about the traffic. It is what it is which is true.

I guess that I am bothered more by the sudden drop of visitors who I believe are young men and wonder why they would, all of a sudden, stop want to see young women in bikinis. There has to be a rational explanation.

Doug had a good explanation. He suggested that my images had been posted a long time ago and that Google was picking up more recently posted images of the same models and actresses. Since the newer images are displayed first, mine might be missed.

Oh well.

This is certainly not the end of the world for me.

Doug and I had lunch at Albertacos on Saturday. I think this was the first time that I have been there I at least six months and probably longer. It was good to be there again.

We both had a Number 8 Combination with a medium drink.

I had expected Albertacos to be crowded on Saturday. It usually has been when we have gone there in the past. For a change, we were able to walk right in around 1:00 PM and place our order. There were plenty of empty tables and that was nice.

The big discussion item for us was where to hold the traditional Douguary Dinner. It looks like we will be going to a new venue. Doug wanted to try Wolfgang’s Steakhouse in Beverly Hills; this means traffic and parking will be ugly on a Saturday night.

We also agreed to try a new hamburger restaurant, The Counter, that one of my friends had recommended to me. Doug had already been there and liked it. The big draw for The Counter is that you can choose your own ingredients for your hamburger, down to the sauces that go on it. I think we will be there for lunch after my next tutoring session.

My big Sunday adventure was downloading the new Internet Explorer 8, Release Candidate 1. This is the next version of Microsoft’s web browser. I have been so feed up with IE 7 that I was willing to try the RC1 version.

I do like the RC1 version. It loads much faster than IE7 and that was reason enough for me to keep. It does have a feature that requires you to re-enable most of your downloaded plug-ins from IE7 instead of overwriting the older version and keeping all of the plug-ins. Once I figured this out, everything ran very smoothly.

The new version seems to have dropped the open web site tab system. I thought the tab system was annoying and bothersome. This new version is a substantial improvement in my mind. IE8 seems to be more stable with Widows Vista; maybe I haven’t used it enough to know any better.

Oh yes, I did watch the big American football game today. I was not a fan of either team so I just enjoyed the game and some of the commercials.


That was my weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home