Friday, March 20, 2009

Shorty Shorts - More Signs of Spring

Shorty Shorts – More Signs of Spring
A couple of years ago, Doug convinced me that shorty shorts were a sign of Spring and Summer. His logic was sound so I had to agree with him. Yesterday, as I was driving to school, I noticed several high school or junior high schools aged teen aged girls wearing shorty shorts.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with shorty shorts, this is a photo of Hayden Panettiere wearing a set.


Like the swallows that return to Mission San Juan Capistrano ever year, Spring w as truly returning to Southern California.

Spring officially arrived today; it was cloudy and overcast at the beach all day long. It is likely to be cloudy and overcast tomorrow. Being overcast tomorrow is not so bad for me since I have a morning class to teach. Maybe, the sun will burn off the clouds by the time that I get home from school.

Visitors
Last week was a good week for visitors. We had 727 visitors to the blog and they viewed 1,082 pages. The most viewed page was January 1, 2007 with about 70% of the blog traffic.

From time to time, I do check where the visitors come from. I found some interesting locations in the past week. We had visitors from the Netherlands Antilles, Cyprus, Occupied Palestinian Territory – Gaza, and Woking, Surrey England. I couldn’t help but wonder if Woking is a district that is famous for is Chinese restaurants.

We also had a visitor from the United States Navy’s mighty Pacific Fleet. It is extremely satisfying to see that sailors are still sailors and that some aspects of Navy life never change.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home