Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lexmark International Call Center Service

Lexmark International Call Center Service
As many of you know, Wednesday is a non-teaching day for me. I tend to relax and do a lot of mundane tasks like going to the grocery store or the shirt laundry; stuff like that. As such, I was pondering what I would write about today in the blog.

Then, opportunity came knocking at my door in the form of a hideous problem or conflict with my new Lexmark X4975 printer and the Windows Vista Business operating system on the laptop.

X4975 sounds so sexy and high tech doesn’t it.

I printed around thirty or so documents on Sunday with no problems or trouble at all except for when I ran out of paper in the paper tray. Today, I wanted to print a letter that I had written to Virgin America Airlines about Flight Attendant Nicole and what a great job she did on my flight to see the Princess.

For some unknown reason, I couldn’t get the letter to print.

I am not technically inclined by any means. I have asked Doug to help me understand some of the setting at blogger.com and explain some other technical applications like sending text messages from my cell phone.

I called the Lexmark Call Center for help. This was my best decision of the day.

Darleen answered the phone.

Salvation.

Perfectomundo as well.

Darleen helped me work the problem through that I can only describe as the two components did not want to play nicely with each other. I’m absolutely certain that Darleen could give you a perfectly clear and technically correct explanation of what happened.

Darleen’s explanation would have been wonderful and I would not have understood most of what she might have typed.

I won’t say how long we were on the telephone but it was much longer than I thought it would be. I thought the problem was something simple. I didn’t care because Darleen fixed my problem and I deeply appreciated her effort on my behalf.

I did end up leaving about a minute long voice message for her supervisor. I said that I really appreciated Darleen’s work. I don’t think he gets too many voice messages like that.

On a scale of 1 to perfect, Darleen ranks at Perfect. She is, without any doubt, the finest call center representative that I have ever dealt with.

I think the primary reason why I like Darleen so much has to do with where the Lexmark call center is located. The call center is located on the island of Cebu in the Southern Philippines.

Darleen speaks a near perfect version of American English and this experience was way beyond what I have received from Indian based call centers like the one run my operating system provider. The difference for me was beyond night and day.

I just wish that more American companies would locate their call centers in the Philippines so I wouldn’t have to listen so hard for and to that clipped British accent you have when you are speaking to someone in Mumbai or Bangalore. I think the Indian based call centers do an excellent job as well and I certainly can’t blame them for not being able to speak American English; they were, after all, a colony for much longer than we were.

That was the big drama in my life for today.


Be well and stay happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Reinhardt said...

Always nice to see a comment about the blog. Chuck

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Outsource Call Center said...

Nice post! I believe that, "If only companies realized how important providing good customer service is to their current customers they perhaps would strive to get it right." Thanks for sharing.

-fern-

8:51 PM  
Blogger Chuck Reinhardt said...

Always nice to see a comment about the blog. It is even better whee the poster agrees with me or my ideas. Perfectomundo. Chuck

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home