Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Well, its Wednesday now

Well, its Wednesday now
I know that I should have had a post up on Monday or Tuesday. I was side tracked with school and other running around stuff.

Life happens.

I was busy on Monday with getting ready for my Tuesday morning class. I had lecture notes to prepare. I ended up with six pages of lecture notes. Then, I had the class to teach that night.

Tuesday was a long day for me. I didn’t get to bed until a little after 11:00 PM on Monday so that made getting up at 5:30 AM difficult. After class, I ran bunch of errands like going to thhe market and picking up some shirts from the laundry.

I did sleep very well last night. I went to bed around 10:00 PM or so and slept, without waking, until 5:30 AM. I felt refreshed when I got up today.

The Writing Clinic
It looks like my effort to help students with their writing skills and abilities has been a failure. Apparently, they would rather laze around on Saturday and not improve their minds or skills. I had two students show up for the first session and the following two sessions have had no students show up.

I won’t be wasting my time next term on this effort unless the school offers to pay. I doubt the school will so I will find other ways to spend my free time.

Good luck students; you are on your own now.

Giuliano’s
I swung past Giuliano’s on my way home from school on Saturday to pick up some lunch and a small salad for dinner. I decided to have a hot Italian sausage and pepper sandwich with cheese and marinara sauce, mostly because it has been a ling time since I had one. I also bought a small antipasto salad for my dinner; the sandwich is more than a meal in itself.


The sandwich was perfect in every way although the Prelude smelled of marinara sauce for a couple of days afterwards. The smell was gone for the most part by today.

My friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me on Sunday night. I was about to send her an email about the Spring skiing in Salt Lake City. Sharon is a skier. The snow level was a 115 inch base with two inches of fresh powder.

Sharon said that I should have taken her with me to Salt Lake.

That would have been an interesting idea but I pointed out that she already has a steady boy friend and I doubted that he would understand very well if she went to a fraternity event with me in Salt Lake over a weekend.

This was one of Sharon’s I’ll check up on Charles phone calls I think.

Anyway; Sharon suggested that it was time for our old group from work to get together for lunch. We used to have lunches on a quarterly basis with each one of us picking up the check on a rotating basis. I have been waiting for Sharon to schedule a lunch for us for a couple of years now.

I won’t hold my breath until we have lunch again. I just do not look good with a very blue face.

Molly the Stylist
I went to see Molly the Stylist this afternoon for my regular hair cutting or styling as she likes to call her work. I suppose some may ask why I drive so far out of my way to visit a hair stylist; certainly, there are plenty of competent stylists in Redondo Beach.

Those folks are probably right about driving out of my way.

But, I don’t see any reason to stop going to see Molly to have my hair cut. Molly does an excellent job and always gets my hair right. My hair grows out smoothly and I don’t start to look shaggy until a couple of days before I see her.

Then, there is the side benefit of seeing Molly. I get to drive the Prelude again on the freeways in the middle of the day when traffic is not too bad. I do so enjoy tapping the accelerator on the Prelude and being able to quickly change lanes and go forward, especially when it is warm and sunny in Southern California, just like it is today.


This doesn’t seem like a lot of activity to me. I know I was busier than it appears from the blog entry. Oh well, live long and prosper.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home