Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Interesting Reading

Interesting Reading
I was reading one of my Internet news feeds this afternoon. I try to stay informed about what is going on in my world.

There was an article on the very promising use of aspirin as a treatment regimen for colon cancer patients. It seems like very good news because aspirin is really cheap and I don’t need a prescription for it. I think a bottle with sixty low dose tablets costs a couple of dollars, certainly a lot less than the Xeloda which is now down to USD$397.95 for a two week supply.

Of course, there are some side effects like internal bleeding. But, compared to the risks of colon cancer reoccurrence, the bleeding seems like a worthwhile tradeoff.

Now, I will have something to ask Dr. Karen when I see her on the 28th instead of my usual questions like how was the latest series of blood tests.

Grips and Complaints
I went to the local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Sunday as usual.

Regrettably for me, Tihana was not working on Sunday. She hasn’t been working on either of the last two Sundays when I went by for my iced blended drink. I am beginning to think the baristas didn’t pay attention to my request for the drink to be made with decaffeinated coffee.

I am certain that my drink on Sunday was made with regular coffee. I did not sleep at all that night. I think I might have gotten four or five hours of tossing and turning sleep. On Monday night, I took in a solid ten hours of very restful sleep.

Why is it so hard to simply make a drink the way a customer has asked for it?

I know that Tihana had no trouble in making my iced blendeds with decaffeinated coffee. Some of the other baristas were able to do the same.

Was I asking for too much? I don’t think so. Of course, the tip stayed in pocket.


I have a high definition television. Doug urged me to get one last year and I will agree with him that having a high definition television is the best way to view almost anything outside of a regular sized cinema; especially watching the 2009 Sugar Bowl football game where our Utes crushed Alabama..

I do have a less than modest complaint about the high definition service. The local newspaper only lists the low definition broadcast schedule. I have to use the cable service’s on-set program guide to find out what the high definition schedule is.

This is not too much of a problem with the broadcast channel programming because it follows the listed programming schedule. The cable channels follow in a less than logical order and seem to be based on what is being shown on the East Coast.

This is so frustrating for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home